ZS0J, WS05 or VS06?

vbimport

What firmware best to use for a 40125W ? :bow:

Currently I'm using ZS0J.
I want my drive to be fast, stable, burn with 0 errors and have good media compatibility (just like most of us :p)

Is WS05 better / prefered ?

Is VS06 stable by now (compared to previous VSxx versions) ?

VS06 is for the 48125W or overclocked drives. It’s just out, so we have to wait for the bravehearts to test it :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by burnproof
VS06 is for the 48125W or overclocked drives. It’s just out, so we have to wait for the bravehearts to test it :stuck_out_tongue:

Who will have this great honor of doing the tests for us?:stuck_out_tongue:

VS06?

Where can I get it? It Doesn’t seem to be in OC-Freaks firmware folder, and the liteon site has been hacked again…

Are they going to continue to release about 2 fw’s during a month?

Downloaded it a couple of hours back from the Liteon website.

Found no difference in terms of speed. Even VS02 is faster, the speed for this firmware is like VS04.

OK, i got it, liteon repaired their site.

I notice one difference: Ricoh 12x were recognised as 48x compatible with vs04 (but not written…when reaching around 30x, the drives slowed down to 20x CLV), now they are assessed 40x compatible. Didn’t try how fast they’re actually written now.

I am using VS06 firmware and as describe by Lite-On, my burner match more media. Some CD could not be burned at 48x with VS04 but now could with VS06. :wink:

Imation 24x : no problem at 48x
Traxdata 32x : no problem at 48x
Memorex 16x : no problem at 32x

No problem means full speed burn with no error

Originally posted by linux2
[B]I am using VS06 firmware and as describe by Lite-On, my burner match more media. Some CD could not be burned at 48x with VS04 but now could with VS06. :wink:

Imation 24x : no problem at 48x
Traxdata 32x : no problem at 48x
Memorex 16x : no problem at 32x

No problem means full speed burn with no error [/B]

You using the real deal or a o/c one?:slight_smile:

I updated to VS06…seems ok…speed fine…I am using a 40125s

I only have done one burn but got less errors…1 sector on my Philips 40x rated cdrs made by CMC…VS02…got a couple errors in first 5% and then 1 around 60% and then some in last 10-15%…generally less than equal to one percent

I have had just few perfect 100% burns with this media…but Ia m beginning to think this error check is worthlessa s different readers checking the smae media give different results in different places…so which reader is right???
LTD 163, Liteon cdrw, tosh 6702b???

Originally posted by Bloodlust
[B]

You using the real deal or a o/c one?:slight_smile: [/B]

o/c burner. LTR 40125S --> LTR 48125W.

Hey nealh!

I just signed up and started surfing over to the cdfreaks forum after the clinic closed :frowning:

Just thought I’d shout out to a fellow cloneclinic junky! :wink:

Professor Frink