Zipzoomfly vs. newegg

vbimport

I have been looking to upgrade my system for awhile, and i have narrowed it down to buying the items from either newegg or zipzoomfly. Have purchased products from both before with no troubles. I have noticed though that zipzoomfly’s prices are lower and they send it out with free 2nd day shipping. Is there any reason to buy from newegg anymore? Anyone have any horror storries from zzf. I bring this up because recently I have always bought from newegg because I have never had a problem from them, but checking back and forth between prices of things I have noticed that something I was looking to buy from newegg jumped up 30 dollars in just the last week, with no apparent reason. Which has the best prices with the best support?

get from whichever is cheaper. newegg rma might be a little easier but they’ve been getting stingy lately. zzf is the next newegg (http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=857571&postcount=15)

I agree with dprino go with the cheapest! I have used both a bunch of times an even sent in a defective Geforce card that ZZF had to warranty nearly a year later. No problemo! I have used ZZF since they were called Google and I have used New Egg a ton as well. They are both top notch. I always check both sites when I am getting ready to take the plunge. I would also recomend checking Pricewatch as there are some good deals to be found there as well sometimes from other vendors. www.pricewatch.com

Yo-

Have purchased (entirely too much) from both with excellent service from both-

Go with the lowest total price - from either one-

Mike

I hate to echo the majority here but… go with the lowest price between either :slight_smile: I have heard rumors and experiences from people saying that Newegg has been harsher with the RMAs recently but I have returned 2 items without a problem and gotten the usual newegg service in the last 2 months. Never had the occasion to RMA to zipzoomfly. Honestly between these two vendors its hard to go wrong :bow:
Scott

I’d so go with the lowest price. Newegg hasn’t terribly impressed me lately and seems like their prices are getting higher - noticed this trend myself. The only thing I wish is that ZipZoomFly had a bigger media section for blank DVD media. Then they’d absolutely rock. :wink:

also check the infamous tax. zipzoomfly has been around for many yrs. formally googlegear.com (guess who had them change their name). but newegg now charges tax to my home (nj) zipzoomfly doesn’t. i have ordered from both and rma’d to both. there are no better online etailers out there, both excellent.

Both newegg and ZZF are excellent. Newegg often ship from NJ --that explains tax to NJ-- faster shipping to east coast. The free 2 days fedex from ZZF is great.

Have bought from both. No problems with either. Cheapest one gets the business from me.

Go with the cheapest one, with no sale tax.

I’ve been ordering from www.chiefvalue.com lately, lots of free shipping deals :bigsmile:

Bought from both ,Both are good suppliers.I think newegg is more known because when searching a product on google there is always a newegg listing.Zipzoomfly I think are a little cheaper.Saved $20.00 on a recent amd quad core cpu

Shop both - and go with lowest price, for me free shipping has taken a little longer (2-3 days) from Zipzoomfly.

Both ZZF and NE are good. NE has a friendlier staff and better return policy in general than ZZF. CheifValue I stay away from. They have a bad reputation for advertising stuff as new but then shipping repackaged goods. At least with NE they are honest about open boxes and returned items. I’ve had 2 bad experiences with CV in this regard, so I stay away from them.

You all do realize this thread is almost 4 years old now :eek: wow talk
about digging up bones :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=getit29;2275451]You all do realize this thread is almost 4 years old now :eek: wow talk
about digging up bones :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Yo-

Agree - guess that you chalk it up to newness and unfamiliarity-eh!! :rolleyes:

I like both stores zzf often has lower prices, great shipping, but smaller selection.

Well, does the 4 year old advice still hold? I usually just go NE and Amazon without shopping because of great past experience, but if ZZF is just as good, might expand my possibilities.

[QUOTE=abekl;2275258]Both ZZF and NE are good. NE has a friendlier staff and better return policy in general than ZZF. CheifValue I stay away from. They have a bad reputation for advertising stuff as new but then shipping repackaged goods. At least with NE they are honest about open boxes and returned items. I’ve had 2 bad experiences with CV in this regard, so I stay away from them.[/QUOTE]

I know this an old thread and all but just wanted to point out that Newegg and ChiefValue are the same company.

I need a new monitor. Should I buy it at Compusa or at CircuitCity?