Zip Key

I have the downloadable version of dvd fab 6. When I try to register it the zip key downloads but when I double click on it a get an error message saying “Windows cannot complete the exraction. The destination file could not be located.” What do I do?

[QUOTE=kwidel;2311608]I have the downloadable version of dvd fab 6. When I try to register it the zip key downloads but when I double click on it a get an error message saying “Windows cannot complete the exraction. The destination file could not be located.” What do I do?[/QUOTE]

Hi kwidel and welcome,

First off, I’d retrieve your regkey again…new download right here:
http://www.dvdfab.com/retrieveregkey.htm

Be certain you’re requesting the Fab 6 (all in one email) regkey.

it says that the e-mail address cannot be found and it is the address i used for download. any other suggestions?

[QUOTE=kwidel;2312039]it says that the e-mail address cannot be found and it is the address i used for download. any other suggestions?[/QUOTE]

You can’t download the reg key, and your email address is not required to download the product so not sure what you are talking about…
Where or what website did you buy the DVDFab from :confused:

when i try to retrieve my reg key it says the e-mail address cannot be found. I’m pretty sure I downloaded it through dvdfab6.com/order.

Sorry to here that it was dvdfab6.com, you got scammed. They are a rip off, the only safe place is dvdfab.com
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/illegal-websites-selling-fengtao-software-275169/ look here

[QUOTE=kwidel;2312060]when i try to retrieve my reg key it says the e-mail address cannot be found. I’m pretty sure I downloaded it through dvdfab6.com/order.[/QUOTE]

As Jethro pointed out that website is boggus and you got ripped off sorry that you got scammed :frowning:

I doubled checked my history and it wasn’t dvdfab6 it was dvdfab.com/order

[QUOTE=kwidel;2312618]I doubled checked my history and it wasn’t dvdfab6 it was dvdfab.com/order[/QUOTE]
well unless the process has changed since I bought my V5, the registration key arrives by email after you have paid for it.

so It’s just a case of finding that email & seeing what email address it was sent to - then requesting a new key be sent to that same address.

it also just to be the case that the key came in two formats, a file that needed to be a double clicked plus a long string of gibberish text that could be copied & pasted into dvdfab to activate it. you could activate with either solution.

if you never got an email in the first place then it’s either a spam filter issue or you mistyped your own email address on the purchase screen ( in which case you are probably screwed! )

It sounds like you might still be scammed.
It’s not clear to me exactly what happened and where.
What’s critical here is exactly where you purchased the regkey and and not that you downloaded the application from DVDFab.com.

Everyone downloads the app from DVDFab.com, whether it’s trial or retail purchase. The only exception is that the beta versions are linked by Fengtao right here on the Fab forum.

The only authorized website to purchase is DVDFab.net.
If you click on [B]buy now [/B] while on the DVDFab.com site, you will be linked to Fab.net
The only authorized vendor for Fab is [B]avangate.[/B]

Please check your email and purchase site.
If it was not avangate that brokered the purchase, you’re out of luck

The fact that you’re not found in Fengtao’s database certainly could be an error, but does not bode well for you.