Yuden000T02 on pioneer 111 v1.9 good results?

vbimport

hi just got a pioneer dvr-111d and some Taiyo Yuden T02 printables. i run a test in dvdinfopro but not really sure what the results mean. does it look ok from the included image from the test.
many thanks for any help
marc

Marc, I don’t see the scan - could you re-post it please? Please ask if you are unsure how to post images :slight_smile:

marc h, welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

For an explanation of how to post images, have a look in this thread/post:

Attaching disc quality scans to your post

sorry… it would help if i remembered to add the picture :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

AFAIK Pioneer drives are not famous for their reliability as quality scanners, and DVDInfoPro is not among the programs I use for this purpose.

That being said, the scan looks extremely good if compared to scans on e.g. LiteOn/BenQ/NEC/Plextor drives with CDSpeed or PlexTools, but I simply don’t know what to expect from this combination of drive and scanning application, so please take this with a big grain of salt.

I’m not surprised that you seem to get good results with T02 media, as that media is probably the most widely compatible high quality DVD+R media ever made.

Does Pioneer 111D after all have (very) good compatibility with TY media, especially with the 8x discs (TYG02 and T02) ? I care less about individual scans posted in the forums and more about the general experience of those that have burned (and scanned) hundreds.

What about changing the display from Line to Block? :wink:

It’s hard to find a drive that doesn’t burn T02 well, I highly doubt it’s any different with your drive.

Well I was asking about both +R and -R, and was interested if it does better than ‘well’. TY is generally a good media, but even it performs better on some drives than on others, I presume. Like I said, from people who have burned at least a hundred, if possible :slight_smile:

BTC, or to some extent LiteOn :wink:

T02 I haven’t tried with my 111, I will get some tommorow, but TYG02 works very well with the Pioneer 111, you can see a sample of my Pioneer in the “Post Your Pioneer 111 scans” thread

http://club.cdfreaks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=86122

Yes, the 812s for one of the Liteys.

Crappy old drives don’t count (can you tell I’m not a fan of older Liteon DVD Burners?):wink: