Yuden000T02@12x?

Does anyone here burn 8x Yuden000T02 @ 12x all of the time for their video backups, or do you think it is not a good idea to continuously overspeed media on a constant occasion? Is overspeeding mainly for testing or is it becoming common practice now with good or better than good results?

I overspeed mainly for testing (the T02 I’ve burned and 12x and 16x has scanned/TRT’ed well).

To be on the safe side I’d rather burn at 8x -12x for 16x discs, and 8x for 8x ones. You don’t save much time by overspeeding anyway IMO.

T02@12x is pretty safe IMO.

[quote=Arachne;1951206]I overspeed mainly for testing (the T02 I’ve burned and 12x and 16x has scanned/TRT’ed well).

To be on the safe side I’d rather burn at 8x -12x for 16x discs, and 8x for 8x ones. You don’t save much time by overspeeding anyway IMO.[/quote]
I agree Arachne, I burn all my discs that I want to save at 8X which is the rated speed of YudenT02 media. I am not saying that burning at 12X is bad , but the few seconds saved are not worth the trouble might there be some.

I burn YUDEN000 T02 at 8x or 6x depending on drive.

Some drives will burn it well at 12x but for me it’s just not worth the extra risk to save a minute or two on burn time.

Thanks for the reply’s Here are a couple of scans the first one was & 8x & the last 2 @ 12x. It really doesn’t save time I guess for some reason I like burning @ 12x, but I will stick to doing it just 4 tests, because Most of my video burns are 4 keeps & I guess I dont want to chance it? DO you think that T03 can handle 12x better than T02 cause T02 seems like pretty quality & tough media & I get excellent burns with it like none other.

I’ve been VERY unlucky with T02 media under Sony brand . Some of the discs in the same spindle burn very well and scan and TRTs fine , but some scan very nicely @8X and have horrible errors @16X scanning and near the edge in TRT .
Every disc I tried to burn @12X gave me the horrible errors after 3.5GB mark , so I’d say stay with 8X and always scan them at maximum speed

[QUOTE=Two Degrees;1951213]T02@12x is pretty safe IMO.[/QUOTE]

Hmm I disagree IMO. I’ve overspeeded TY in two different drives and gotten two considerably worse burns than @ 8x. One was bad enough to call a coaster (TRT probs, very high PIF at end etc).

I don’t think over speeding is worth it at all. You save 1 minute max with most writers. Hardly worth the risk. It will never beat 8x either because even if errors don’t rise, jitter most likely will and high speed scanning would also show 12x to have more problems than 8x.

I think media, burning speed and burner are trinity.

[QUOTE=geekrule;1951432]I think media, burning speed and burner are trinity.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I agree more with # 8 post & myself use these guidelines.  :iagree:

[QUOTE=minaelromany;1951349]I’ve been VERY unlucky with T02 media under Sony brand . Some of the discs in the same spindle burn very well and scan and TRTs fine , but some scan very nicely @8X and have horrible errors @16X scanning and near the edge in TRT .
Every disc I tried to burn @12X gave me the horrible errors after 3.5GB mark , so I’d say stay with 8X and always scan them at maximum speed[/QUOTE]

I buy my T02 directly from Rima.com & am very pleased w/results compared to MCC004 & MCC03RG20, seriously both of these haven't even compared!!