Yuden000 T03

I just burned several YUDEN000 T03 (Verbatim) DVD+R discs with NEC ND-3550A (with 1.07 firmware) and performed quality tests using Nero CD-DVD Speed. The discs were burn at 8-10x and the results are the worst I have ever seen. Is there a known problem with these media and drive?

Maybe you could post the quality scans?

Also, can you post Transfer Rate Tests of the discs, done on your NEC drive. Thanks.

Disc quality and transfer rate tests.

That’s not too bad for T03 (remember you won’t get T02-like quality scans with T03)…those spikes are usual with most NEC drives.

TRT looks a bit wobbly at the end though…

That’s very similar to my Verbatim +r TY 16x
I have less PIF on plextor @12x but i’ve got some 6 PIF spikes.

I’d suggest to try 12x with the discs. Maybe bumping the speed up a bit will help with the burn quality. Just one disc should tell if they burned any better than at 8x. :wink:

The spikes appear with LiteOn drives with discs done on NEC/Optiarc, Pioneer, or Plextor drives, depending on a lot of different circumstances. They don’t usually have too much of an impact on anything. Considering the NEC only was having issues at the end reading the disc back signifies this. [The LiteOn probably won’t have an issue reading the disc back].

[quote=Albert;2024576]The spikes appear with LiteOn drives with discs done on NEC/Optiarc, Pioneer, or Plextor drives, depending on a lot of different circumstances. They don’t usually have too much of an impact on anything. Considering the NEC only was having issues at the end reading the disc back signifies this. [The LiteOn probably won’t have an issue reading the disc back].[/quote]Unfortunately, the spikes on burns from my 3550A caused severe playback problems in my stand alone players. That’s why I’m using it as a ripper only now. Dumb players couldn’t tell the difference between spikes caused by power recalibration and spikes caused by poor burns/media.

I guess it’s a little like friendly fire in the military. The poor slob who gets shot is just as dead whether the bullet came from friend or foe. :iagree:

I am also getting bad results with discs burned with LITE-ON LH-20A1S. Can anyone explain why?

[QUOTE=kyrcy;2038138]I am also getting bad results with discs burned with LITE-ON LH-20A1S. Can anyone explain why?[/QUOTE]

Did you burn @20x ?

The specific burn was at MAX speed.

[QUOTE=kyrcy;2038165]The specific burn was at MAX speed.[/QUOTE]

Never do that again :disagree:

Try 12X and you would be amazed :wink:

Also try 8x and 4x you will see even better results again, I do all of my TY 16x media at 4x now, in the 1000’s of them I have done since I have gone to 4x only I have yet to have a problem, where I have lots of T03 and TYG03 burnt at 12x that have very good PIE/PIF numbers 15~20,000 and 30~500, there is a thread with a 40 'ish PIF (IIRC) of mine that just will not play worth a ####.

But at 4x I get supa flat Jitter (a bigger deal than many think) and very good numbers, but the most important thing, IMO, they play fine in all of my players.

Burned at 4x. Not much different from the 8-10x burns.

Re load your original eeprom & don’t use clear hypertuning or
clear learned media tool either just use eeprom tool, load original eeprom not firmware--------eeprom only then [B]re-boot [/B]then do a burn at 8-12x not 4x and post the results.

I don’t care what anyone else says sometimes using certain tools and re-writing your eeprom by clearing learned media & hypertunung can cause some (I say some) people’s burners to start burning crappy. And I have proven it to myself through lots of testing this perticular situation. also if you have a cross flashed drive with the wrong a or s firmware then the same will occur, fix this if so and try my suggestion. you have to make sure you have the exact same eeprom that was on your burner from the factory though

Well disregard everything I just said since you have a nec drive sorry I didn’t read the first post clearly enough :o

How can I re-load the eeprom?

[quote=kyrcy;2045472]How can I re-load the eeprom?[/quote] You can’t - [B]jjcusimano2[/B] was talking abut a LiteOn drive, not a NEC ND-3550A drive.

[QUOTE=kyrcy;2045397]Burned at 4x. Not much different from the 8-10x burns.[/QUOTE]The recommendation to burn at slower speed was for the LiteOn. :wink:

In the NEC, only the single re-calibration spikes affect the “quality score”, the rest of the parameters look good. Either you choose to disregard these spikes (if you readers are not affected) that are common to most NEC burners, or you choose to burn the discs in another burner, like your LiteOn.

Try 12X in your LiteOn. :slight_smile:

Is it wise to burn and test using the same Lite-On drive?

[QUOTE=kyrcy;2046116]Is it wise to burn and test using the same Lite-On drive?[/QUOTE]Not sure what you mean by that?