YUDEN000-T03-00 most succesful, CMC MAG-M01-00 most used MID's

vbimport

More information can be found here:
http://www.cdfreaks.com/devices/burnstats

Hehe, two of my favorite drives are up the top!

However, this is based of VSO software usage right? I don’t think I know anyone on this entire forum who uses that. Most here are Nero and IMGburn users.

I use VSO software (ConvertXtoDVD, and DVDFab Plat with the VSO burning engine). :slight_smile:

Strange seeing MCC004 at only #5 in the most used mediacodes though.

There could be a bias in the “most used” statistics if the VSO software itself is not evenly used in various countries.

As an example, if the VSO software is much more widely used in e.g. France than in the U.S., the used devices will be biased towards which drives are popular in France rather than the U.S.

A year ago, when VSO made the stats available themselves we checked this with marketshares as reported by the expensive market report companies and with own surveys and they were all pretty much the same, so I think this data is reasonably reliable!

lol i guess i’m in the minority…

[quote=DoMiN8ToR;2012886]A year ago, when VSO made the stats available themselves we checked this with marketshares as reported by the expensive market report companies and with own surveys and they were all pretty much the same, so I think this data is reasonably reliable![/quote] Thanks for clearing that up. :flower:

I don’t use any VSO material, so i’m off the stats.
I’m ashamed to see princo on the top -_-
I guess VSO is the program that the ppl from the flee market (aka sell pirated dvds) burn their dvds lol.

This software, which is installed by tens of millions customers worldwide.

I find this a little hard to believe …

This software, which is installed by tens of millions customers worldwide.

Maybe it had tens of millions downloads.
Even i once instaled VSO, but --> uninstall
lol.

I use all of VSOs products especially ConvertXtoDVD, you have to realize we are in the vast minority here at CDF. VSO has had 500,000 downloads of their products in the past few months, most of these people buy brick and Mortar media from the closest store to them. We are talking worldwide statistics here, not CD Freaks statistics, most don’t know CMC from Taiyo Yuden much less a good burner from a bad one. These are results of the masses.

I just use Nero and ImgBurn, and haven’t used the VSO.

The Yuden00-T03-00 is a Grade D media, when compare to 8X TY.

CMC MAG-M01-00 :Z

It hurt to see Princo at #5 in the “Most Successful Media” rankings. :frowning:

The reason these cheaper MID codes are listed like this is because you have to look at the ,majority of society. Most people just go buy a pack of dvd’s off of the shelf (The cheapest ones) and go home & play. This software anonymously grabs & sends the data so it is coming from anyone’s computer & the majority of the world doesn’t do what we do because they don’t know the difference between good or bad media or drives. & the same goes with the drives the ones at the top are the ones that have had the most placement in “Sold” computers.

Most succesfull media and then PRINCO8X02 and RitekG05
Hmmm Most succesfull for coasters ??:rolleyes:

Most used I also find questionable.
Ricoh is suprisingly high there. ANd I find the fact that MCC004 is less used as MCC 03RG20 suprising. Could be that europe is focussed more on +R.

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2014117]Most succesfull media and then PRINCO8X02 and RitekG05
Hmmm Most succesfull for coasters ??:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

LOL :bigsmile: