YUDEN T01 Wow!

vbimport

Just rescanned a disc I burnt about 2years 10months ago, amazing scan im really shocked, especially given that my 1640 is not a great reader. Burnt the dics in my Nec ND1300A @4x if I recall.
:bow: TY :bow:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

TY rocks :iagree:

Very nice!! :clap: :clap:…I have some TYG01s from when I got my first DVD burner, they scan and TRT well so far :slight_smile:

Still have about 10 of the T01’s left, cant bear to burn them. I remember back when dvds were about £5 each i managed to get around 250 Jewel Case Maxells, which were T01, for 25p each. Sold about half on ebay thinking id never need that many DVD’s :doh: :doh:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: - how much do you regret that? :wink:

About as much as I would, I’d imagine. I gave away half my TYG01s as well before I knew what they were :doh:

I have about 10 T01s too, I can’t bear to burn those either :bigsmile:

Taiyo Yuden discs are excellent media. :slight_smile:
I still have about 105 YUDEN000 T01 left (95 That’s, 10 Maxell)… should have bought more of the Maxells when they were just € 3 a 5 pack. Didn’t know they were TY back then :frowning:

The folly of youth eh :doh:

T01 used to be the best media burned at 8x too. It was really the only 4x media that burned reliably at 8x, and surpassed most of the 8x media as well. There were several drives that had 8x strats for it right from the factory. I’d take a spindle of T01 over 2 spindles of anything else.

Amen :slight_smile:

Me too :iagree:

If only you could find them :frowning:

[QUOTE=>:|sh4d0w|:<]I remember back when dvds were about £5 each i managed to get around 250 Jewel Case Maxells, which were T01, for 25p each. Sold about half on ebay thinking id never need that many DVD’s :doh: :doh:[/QUOTE]

Well depending on how much money you sold the discs for, the profits should of practically meant the remaining discs were gratis :wink:

T01 (-00 or -01 variants), nice but not the best (TY) media ever IMO, T02 is better IMO.

Off Topic:

Wish i had more than i do of RicohjpnR01. Only about 70 left.

Actually, Ricoh JPNR00 was better stuff. Much like TY T01, and it burns great at 8x, remarkable for 2.4x media. You can still find it lurking on dusty shelves in some stores.

I still get similarly good scans from my old RICOHJPN R01 (4x) and CMC R01 (2.4x) as well. Both overspeed well to 8x and have shown good stability, never did have any T01 though. Not suprisingly, many were also burned in a NEC 1300, great burner. Still have about 100 of the RICOHJPN and at least a couple hundred of the CMC, probably wouldn’t trade either for any current media. :smiley:

It seems they’re out of stock @ Disc Impex too, now :frowning:

I still have 2 - two. TWO!!
Wouldn’t that make you crazy? :bigsmile:
I still know two shops selling them. But the price for them is (imo) too high…

Last batches of YUDEN T01 sold by Diskimpex 18 months ago to my company which I work-There were under Plextor brand as bulk 50discs pack/15euro-I’m proud have over 500 discs of them :iagree:

Wise guy :wink: When T01 was on the streets i mostly bought Prodye and Mr Platinum. My fave id was RICOHJPNR01 (i agree R00 was super too). I got a few Verbs too but most of my discs were[B] [I]crap[/I] [/B]. Well, they’re still more or less readable but quite a few went south and generally they were unsuited for movies :slight_smile:

But they still had 50 disc packs of That’s 4x DVD+R in September 2006… :confused:
(Weird packaging though: No shrinkwrap on the 50 disc packs, the tops had different fonts :eek:…)

I wonder whether it’s really a Gaijin bonus to get That’s media :bigsmile: