Youtube video conversion for dvd to play on TV

Hello, I just joined, so this may not be the correct forum
I would like to burn some educational videos from youtube for my personal use to DVD and play on my LCD HD TV or reg TV.
I’ve downloaded several of the FLVs from youtube, but not sure what conversion settings to use to be able to see them clear as they are on youtube on my tvs when I burn them to DVD disks.
Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot

If you’re expecting the videos to look as good on your TV at a much larger size you are going to be disappointed.You can only get so good of results from a YouTube video.
I will look for a couple of links here on doing this.Practice with the programs & a DVD RW.See if the results are close to good enough.
This is a method to rip as .MP4
I now use IE for this.

1. Click Tools – Internet Options
  2. In the General Tab, click the Settings button available in the Temporary
    Internet Files group.
  3. Click View Files to open your Temporary Internet Files folder.
  4. Click View Sort by : Size / Descending.Because the file is usually one of the largest.Depending upon the webpage, there could one or more Flash files
    (Shockwave Flash Object ,FLV,MP4,etc) This includes MP4 file.
    You have to wait for the video on the web site to finish.
  5. Once you find the right flash file, right-click and choose Copy. Then paste
    the MP4(in this case)file in any other directory.
    On YouTube you need to select HQ to get an MP4 from the video.
    Some information on using DVDFlick for this.
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/downloading-converting-fro-youtube-297779/

A lot depends on the MPEG2 encoder used to author them to DVD. HCEnc is about the best balance of Quality (good to excellent) and Cost (Free). A couple of authoring programs that use it are AVStoDVD and FAVC, although people prefer an older version of FAVC.

@olyteddy; I have both AVStoDVD and FAVC .I haven’t used them much but thought I would check them for this.
AVStoDVD worked on a .flv.The result looked OK on the computer monitor.I didn’t burn it to DVD disc to play on my TV.
FAVC wouldn’t load .flv as a source file but did fine with a .mp4.
I have V.1.06.
I probably didn’t have all the settings tweaked correctly.& I haven’t checked for an update to either program.