Youtube downloads

vbimport

When I go to download a clip from U Tube; it starts with a green arrow, then switches to a red cross and stops.

How do I get it to download the segment?

Hi and welcome. We will be happy to try to help you, but we need some more information first…

What program are you using?
Has it worked before?
Where are you and what kind of connection to the internet do you have?

If your using firefox, you can get the add-on called ‘downloadhelper’ one word.

[QUOTE=eric93se;2490534]If your using firefox, you can get the add-on called ‘download helper’ one word.[/QUOTE]

I can a test this works very well with FF 3.6 x86 but not with FF 3.6x64 - doesn’t work on utube cause the flash doesn’t support x64. But in FF 3.6x86 works very good. And if you want a separate down loader independent of browser plug-in - give “youtube downloader HD” program a try - this I used and works good for getting up to full HD 1080 if available.

I am using IMTOO Download YouTube Video 1.1.2 Build-0429.

I have used it before to successfully downloand another You Tube, but it was several months ago.

I have broadband, and am connected in New Zealand…

Well mate, I reckon you could try updating your IMTOO…there seems to be a newer version available
http://www.imtoo.com/download-youtube-video.html

However, if you continue to have problems, there are other ways as eric93se and coolcolors have suggested. Just google for solutions. Something you might like is the online conversions at vixy.net and zamzar.com where you enter the url of the video you want…and they email you a link to a file already converted to whatever format you want.

Cheers, and send me over a case of Tui please
:wink:

This is a way to do it without a downloader:
I use IE7 for this.

1. Click Tools – Internet Options
  2. In the General Tab, click the Settings button available in the Temporary
    Internet Files group.
  3. Click View Files to open your Temporary Internet Files folder.
  4. Click View Sort by : Size / Descending.Because the file is usually one of the largest.Depending upon the webpage, there could one or more Flash files
    (Shockwave Flash Object ,FLV,MP4,etc) This includes MP4 file.
    You have to wait for the video on the web site to finish.
  5. Once you find the right flash file, right-click and choose Copy. Then paste
    the MP4(in this case)file in any other directory.
    On YouTube you need to select HQ to get an MP4 from the video.
    On YouTube videos that aren’t HQ the file will usually be .flv .
    On a side note I downloaded & installed the YouTube downloader HD it worked correctly but it’s best quality download was the same as the .mp4 I do with IE7.
    I checked both files with GSpot & Media info.

Right on cue for you, the Giveaway of the Day has a free downloading software which you might like to try. Note that these offers are only valid for 24 hours, and must be downloaded and activated within this period.
At the time of posting this message, there are 20 hours left.

As you know, there are a number of alternatives which are free
Look here for a list and links http://pro4all.net/tag/youtube/

[QUOTE=deanimator;2490923]Right on cue for you, the Giveaway of the Day has a free downloading software which you might like to try. Note that these offers are only valid for 24 hours, and must be downloaded and activated within this period.
At the time of posting this message, there are 20 hours left.

As you know, there are a number of alternatives which are free
Look here for a list and links http://pro4all.net/tag/youtube/[/QUOTE]

And no support as well one should also tell users of such pitfalls. Considering Youtube Downloader HD is freeware and you can contact them for problem as with the giveaway is a one time no support to me defects the purpose.

[ol]
[li]No free technical support[/li][li]No free upgrades to future versions[/li][li]Strictly personal usage[/li][/ol]
That to me the first 2 parts would make me reconsider even getting it.

THIS one is good, its a firefox add-on.

[B]Coolcolors[/B] is spot on with his comments…free is often without support, and some of the pay-for stuff is also either crap or badly supported. So, what we are saying here is, do some research when checking out what software you choose to use. That really goes for any application you are looking at. Some of these programs may even try to (sneakily) install search tools etc which can be hard to get rid of (it´s how they make their money)…[I]Ask[/I] is an example. Other are simply badly written and are either resource hogs, like Nero, or continually crash your system.

All that aside, [B]jdarcy99[/B], have you come up with a suitable solution, one that works for you?

Yeah, except it’s in Japanese! or Chinese! Don’t know the difference.

I downloaded it twice, checked the English box, but still got it in another language.

It did download my UTube segment, so the download part works.

How do I change it to English? Or do I have to download Again??

Lately I’ve been using VideoCacheView to save video files from Windows Temp folder and browser caches. It’s small, free and easy to use.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/video_cache_view.html

[QUOTE=jdarcy99;2491116]Yeah, except it’s in Japanese! or Chinese! Don’t know the difference.

[B]I downloaded it twice[/B], checked the English box, but still got it in another language.

It did download my UTube segment, so the download part works.

How do I change it to English? Or do I have to download Again??[/QUOTE]

Ok…progress :clap: but hard to help without knowing which program you downloaded…:doh:

@jdarcy99 ;
Could you post a link to the specific YouTube you are trying to download ?

If you do I will give it a try & see if I can do an English copy.
I’m with deanimator the download software or softwares you are using would help us help you. Specially the one that worked.

As they say: "When all else fails, reboot."
Well, I uninstalled everything once again, found a UTube download site and downloaded another version.
It worked fine, is in English, and life is good.

Thanks for all your help.

was just cleaning up my bookmarks folder and fount this link …
I found a nifty little program do download YouTube

When I have international internet I Download all the Stuff i want to Try out when capped…as can only get local .co.za sites and they have to be hosted in RSA .
I have tried 8 different youTube downloader programs last month …
and found this FREE prog From[B] DVDVideoSoft[/B] works best for my dyslexic brain to decipher :bigsmile:

found a local site Streaming YouTube and managed to Download 3 gigs of vidio from my bookmarked folder (some link`s have got cobwebs on ):wink:

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software-download.htm

di7 :flower:

edit : Just found out they have a Nice Forum Thats updated Regularly
[I]
Just realised this is in the Hardware Forum[/I] :slight_smile: