YouTube adds subscription service

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: YouTube adds subscription service[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2015/10/YouTube_Red_Brandmark-95x75.png[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/youtube-adds-subscription-service-77627/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

The monthly subscription also gives customers access to YouTube Gaming, YouTube Kids and the newly announced YouTube Music service.
Oh well, I don’t use it for that so I’ll be fine as it is and I use the [B]hosts [/B]blocker so those ads don’t show up when I watch the videos.

As a follow-up, it seems that not everyone is happy with the new YouTube Red service. ESPN is removing several of their YouTube channels, though not all of them, due to the change.

As I’m part of the Music Key beta, I just received an e-mail to say that the service will wind down and its features no longer available on the 30th November. Instead, those who currently on the beta will be able to sign up to their Google Plus Music service for a reduced price (at least in my beta trial) which will include the YouTube Red membership at extra cost.

As 90% of the TV I watch is through YouTube, I figure I’ll join it as I already do make good use of the Google Music service also, which works similar to Spotify.

In other news, I foresee other video services, such as Meta Cafe and Daily Motion, becoming more popular in the next few years. That is, assuming they don’t attempt to follow YouTube’s example.

As for Google “changing the attitudes of [it’s] users”, I doubt that’s going to happen. It didn’t work when ISPs tried to change the public’s attitude about net neutrality, it didn’t work when the Coca-Cola company tried to convince everyone to accept their new flavor (unofficially dubbed “New Coke”), it didn’t work when Microsoft tried to convince us that full-screen Start Menus were desirable… so why does Google think it certainly will work when Google fights video uploaders and viewers alike. Considering the simple fact that there are plenty of other video streaming websites who aren’t engaging in such practices, this could easily turn out to be commercial suicide for Google.