Your favorite duplicating software?

vbimport

So guys what your favorite? What do you use the most? Mines Alcohol (in more ways than 1) :stuck_out_tongue:

\\VH////
:slight_smile:

I prefer clonecd but have used alcohol more lately…

I won’t use CloneCD since Slysoft took over.

Why is that?

\\VH////
:slight_smile:

Blindwrite

Alcohol all the way, mainly because its all I’ve ever used, but because the support forum is awesome also.

Here’s my view on this when I got a disc which is protected CD/DVD I’m choosing the best duplicating software in combination with my hardware and media to get the best result.

Haven’t had any good experience with their software.
Installing CloneCD / AnyDVD causes me nothing but headaches.

Plus I absolutely despise Twinpeaks so there is no possibilty of backing up SecuROM with CloneCD.

:iagree: :iagree:

Blindwrite for securom only (it’s the only software that uses the Plex. Premium’s gigarec), and Alcohol for the rest.

Dito. :iagree:

I have been usign SwiftDisc recently. It is a full burning wizard, but it has a rather dependable CD or DVD copy functionality.

CloneCD is my first choice when I can use it. I still love the interface the best. Then Blindwrite with the tweaker if I have to backup Securom 4.7+ games, since I have a Plextor Premium. I refuse to emulate, so if I can’t copy a title, I just use Daemon tools. :wink:

All of them get blacklisted every so often, so you have to play around with them all from time to time.

I refuse to emulate
Ive never understood why. The rate that protections move, we have pretty much left 1:1’sville and heading into emulation city. I hear carry on about twinpeak, which while it does allow the user to play without checking a simple box, the backup still will not work on every drive, so its not 1:1 anyways.

I use FairUse. Makes great copies that i can play on my pocket pc.

Ive never understood why. The rate that protections move, we have pretty much left 1:1’sville and heading into emulation city. I hear carry on about twinpeak, which while it does allow the user to play without checking a simple box, the backup still will not work on every drive, so its not 1:1 anyways.

For the simple reason that nearly all emulation programs get blacklisted eventually and sometimes it takes months for a fix to be implimented. I don’t like using twin peak either, which is why I purchased a Plextor Premium to copy Securom protections.

For the simple reason that nearly all emulation programs get blacklisted eventually
VD’s get blacklisted, not emulation.

SafeDisc=Alcohol
SecuROM=BlindWrite

I sometimes use .CloneCD for where patching images are involved (like Tages backups, or TwinPeaks before I got my Plextor Premium)

Emulation gets blacklisted! Emulation is for the weak minded that have no idea how to use any sort of back up software properly.