Your experience With Pioneer DVR-RT500?

vbimport

I was wondering if any one has experience with using Pioneer DVR-RT500 this stand-alone DVD/VCR recorder with no hard drive capability. What is the quality of recording disk? have use it for dubbing (converting your VHS to DVD or DVD to VHS)?, what is the recording speed for DVD recording?. Recently I bought one from Sam’s Club.

Moved to the Stand Alone Devices forum.

I am planning to order the same recorder. I would very much appreciate, if anyone could share experience, impressions.

I just received one yesterday. Seems like nice unit haven’t had time to play with it yet??? got it on Sam’s auction couldn’t beat the price…

My experience with recorder during past several months has been delighted and good. In converting VHS Video to DVD some time the recorder refused to start recording process may be because protection mechnizim of VHS tape.Unit also lake ability to record on DVD+R/RW not to mention DVD-RAM.

CAN THIS RT 500 BE MADE REGION FREE
sUE
THANKS

Does Anyone Have Knowledge About The Pioneer DVR-502-S DVD/VCR Recorder?

I bought mine a week age and very please with. Surprise that I can record 1 - 2 - 4 or 6 hours on a DVD. Support MP3, WMA, DiVX, JPEG. Can record on DVD-r/rw, DVD-RAM but not DVD+r/rw, [I]who care…[/I].

Welcome to the CDFreaks, I have had mine for closed to two year and I am so please with its performce and operation. The best combo recorder to my opinion.

TCAS, I need to convert an old movie that is out of print to a DVD. Is there any unit or process that will do this without transfering it to a computer first.

If this movie is in VHS platform then any VHS/DVD Recorder Combo (Stand Alone) will do the job, I always do this and as a matter of fact I am right now converting the movie “The African Queen” from VHS to DVD with my Pioneer RT 500 Combo.

[QUOTE=TCAS;1708867]Welcome to the CDFreaks, I have had mine for closed to two year and I am so please with its performce and operation. The best combo recorder to my opinion.[/QUOTE]
Borrowed the DVR-RT500 from my mom to transfer family made VHS tapes to dvd. I followed the manual and successfully transferred since I can play back on RT500 and see everything fine. HOWEVER I am not able to view on computer or any other DVD player. Suggestions on how I can fix this issue since not everyone has teh RT500. Thanks

If the disc is finalized right it should play anywhere.Check the manual on how to finalize the disc.

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pio/pe/images/portal/cit_11221/172806289DVR-RT500OperatingInstructions.pdf

Page 28

[QUOTE=bean55;2786453]If the disc is finalized right it should play anywhere.Check the manual on how to finalize the disc.

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pio/pe/images/portal/cit_11221/172806289DVR-RT500OperatingInstructions.pdf

Page 28[/QUOTE]

Thanks…should have known I missed a step :slight_smile: LOL Thanks…I’ll give it a shot tonight.

[QUOTE=bean55;2786453]If the disc is finalized right it should play anywhere.Check the manual on how to finalize the disc.

Page 28[/QUOTE]
Having a hard time figuring out how to finalize the DVD’s…instructions indicate that a screen will pop up but that hasn’t happened. is there a button I can push? thanks

Look at the top of Page 27

Turn ON the TV and set it to the video input mode.
•
Select “ DISC SETUP
” from “ SYSTEM SETUP
”. For the procedure, see steps 1 to 3
in “Using the SETUP MENU” on page 23

It look like Finalize is there

thank you

The DVR-RT500 probably also has a Pioneer DVR-R07 disc drive. The equivalent of DVR-107 for DVD recorders. The external version is called DVR-A07.

It looks closely identical to the Sharp DV-RW250. and Orion VDR4003.

Anytime pioneer is too good.