You'll never know who watching you

vbimport

Dear All…

Read it and weep.

Be very carefull when you play or convert BluRay Disc. You’ll never know who watching you.

Thank you

That is why I’m sticking with plain old SD DVD’s for as long as they make them. :iagree:

I would like to know what exactly is being sent and recieved.

[quote=Sea Monster;2149780]Dear All…

Read it and weep.

Be very carefull when you play or convert BluRay Disc. You’ll never know who watching you.

Thank you[/quote]

Looks like Sony is at it again, another fiasco just like the CD crap XCP or what ever it was a few years ago. They were exposed in that venture as well. Just another underhanded stunt which will make me personally boycott buying any SONY made products now or in the immediate future. ymmv

Sony? What about Pioneer, Philips, LG, Hitachi, and all the other companies that are part of the BDA? Or the movie studios who likely lobbied the association for this and other “features”, and who are now apparently implementing the phone-home feature? Yes, Sony is also a studio, but not the only one. They are all pretty much equally evil, I tell you. :a

If you are this paranoid, configure your firewall appropriately, or disconnect the network from your BD player. I have yet to see any compelling BD-Live content.

[quote=taob;2149959]Sony? What about Pioneer, Philips, LG, Hitachi, and all the other companies that are part of the BDA? Or the movie studios who likely lobbied the association for this and other “features”, and who are now apparently implementing the phone-home feature? Yes, Sony is also a studio, but not the only one. They are all pretty much equally evil, I tell you. :a

If you are this paranoid, configure your firewall appropriately, or disconnect the network from your BD player. I have yet to see any compelling BD-Live content.[/quote]

Not really paranoid, but correct me if I am wrong. I had the understanding that SONY was the main company behind the development of the BluRay Disc. That the others simply jumped on board and backed that format instead of the HD format… and then BluRay won out…

Don’t really matter to me I don’t even own a BluRay disc player matter of fact I haven’t even seen one or watched a BluRay Disc yet either.

But that does it I won’t buy nothing from them either. Now you just went and made me aggravated at them also. LOL ROFLMAO!

We’ll just have to refer to them as BluRay E.T. phone home discs. :bigsmile:

So I guess they don’t know that Accy Daccy’s latest album Black Ice is freely available for download on the Net, then? :smiley:

As this thread has nothing to do with DVD Fab I will move it to the main CopytoDVDMovie Forum.