You have to love Denmark

vbimport

Now had I known this from a certain member here who is from Denmark, I would have moved there before I spent a lifes saving on my son tuition. LOL.

The 22 hour work week isn’t generally true though; the general work week is 37 hours (plus ½ hour lunch time per day which you are not paid for).

You pay for the “free” stuff through higher taxes, though. :wink:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2749242]Now had I known this from a certain member here who is from Denmark, I would have moved there before I spent a lifes saving on my son tuition. LOL.[/QUOTE]
In ‘[I]Neither Here Nor There[/I]’ Bill Bryson describes a paradise where the young office workers of Copenhagen spend their lunch breaks sunbathing topless in the warmth of spring.

And when the police find a teenager who has engaged in a bit of ill-judged [I]recreational pharmacology,[/I] they don’t lock him up with hardened criminals but take him home to his parents.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2749245]The 22 hour work week isn’t generally true though; the general work week is 37 hours (plus ½ hour lunch time per day which you are not paid for).

You pay for the “free” stuff through higher taxes, though. ;)[/QUOTE]
Not to mention the “world-beating debt burden”. :iagree:

There is no such thing as a free lunch. The bill always come due at some point. The rapidly increasing debt level of many developed countries is not sustainable indefinitely.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2749245]The 22 hour work week …[/QUOTE] Somebody switched the [2] and the [3] keys on my keyboard! :eek: :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2749256]Somebody switched the [2] and the [3] keys on my keyboard! :eek: :p[/QUOTE]
Lame excuse. I’m sure you can do better :p:p:p
You probably actually meant to say 27 instead of 22 hours.

Danish politician parties are awesome as well :smiley:

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2750185]Danish politician parties are awesome as well :D[/QUOTE] You can have them all free of charge… except [I]her[/I] of course. :smiley:

We only ask that you promise not to send any of them back. That last part is very important. :iagree:

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2750185]Danish politician parties are awesome as well :D[/QUOTE]
Presumably she didn’t want to be criticised for spending too much on her wardrobe.

But was it really a good idea to economise on the quantity rather than quality? :confused:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2750212]You can have them [B]all free of charge[/B]… [B]except [I]her[/I] of course[/B]. :smiley:

We only ask that you promise not to send any of them back. That last part is very important. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

She is not free of charge?   I wonder what the going rate is in Denmark, oh I forgot, LOL  20.00an hour.:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2750272]She is not free of charge?[/QUOTE] She’s a keeper - we’re not sending her off to Belvedere country or Alanland. :disagree:

I’ve never heard about her before this thread, but somehow she makes politics seem more interesting! :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2750278]She’s a keeper - we’re not sending her off to Belvedere country or Alanland. :disagree:[/QUOTE]

You can keep her. We have tried using brains for a couple of thousands of years. That seems not to work. Maybe beauty will. :slight_smile:

I’ve been to Denmark once. Nice country. Bit flat and windy. Nice people. Is Lego Land still worth it?

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2750309]Is Lego Land still worth it?[/QUOTE] Actually… I’ve never been to Legoland.
Disneyland, Sea World, and assorted attractions in distant countries, yes, but Legoland here in Denmark, no. :o

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2750312]Actually… I’ve never been to Legoland.
Disneyland, Sea World, and assorted attractions in distant countries, yes, but Legoland here in Denmark, no. :o[/QUOTE]
Ah, the well known “It’s in my backyard, so i can visit anytime, so i never actually do that”-phenonemon :slight_smile: