You Can Burn LightScribe Twice or More?

I read some stuff that seemed to indicate LightScribe labels could be burned more than once to give them higher contrast? Is that right? Is there any limit to the number of times you can reburn the label? I use some label improving freeware (can’t remember what it is right now.) Would that prevent reburning?

Tom as long as you save the template from the design you made for the original label you can keep using the same disc to make it darker. If you don’t you will have to make another one exactly like the original and i have always saved my templates just in case till i’m done with it.

If you’re talking about the Extended Contrast utility, if it provides good enough results for you then I wouldn’t re-LightScribe.

But yeah, it is possible to burn again with the same label for better contrast. I don’t know of any limit, but then again, I haven’t heard of anyone doing it more than twice on the same label, either.

Try both - using the utility, and burning a label twice and see which method suits your needs.

Edit: Rolling was quicker :wink:

:bigsmile: i have put a disc with contest tool and ran it through 4 or 5 times :iagree: just messing around.

I use SureThing for LS’ing

LOL - you must have been bored :bigsmile:

yeah like most days :bigsmile: :rolleyes:

I once tried burning 3 times; but didn’t notice much difference between 2 and 3. There is a big difference between burning once and twice though.

The most important thing seems to be getting your initial design adjusted to be very high contrast in whatever imaging application you use, before burning with lightscribe.

As do I :slight_smile: