Yet another SH-S203B problem :(

Hello every1…

1st i would like 2 say that i have searched for an answer and didnt get 1…
an di have posted at the “official” threads of the drive and i got 1 unexplained answer…

So, for the issue…
it seems that when i try burning a DVD+R DL media the burner fails a short amount of sectors after the layerbreake…
i have 2 say that i do use good media (VERBATIM) and that the DVD’s are NOT defected since my friend’s drive managed to burn 5 of my DVD’s with no problem…
I’m burning on X2 - X2.4 speed, and i dont want to ruin more DVD’s

Here is an example of a failed burn

In addition to all of these… the burner did not have any trouble dealing with CD (audio/data) nor DVD-R (TDK which have failed only once dont know why but now it works perfectly)

My sys Specs are :

Asus a8n - sli Deluxe motherboard (sli enabled)
PSU from Enermax (500W)
My drives firmware is up to date…

Now im really stuck, dont know what to do with this situation…
would Format and OS reinstallation solv this or do u think its a much worse issue…?

10x :))

its punishment for stealing, go buy the game

Requests for downloads of anything that is not freeware, shareware, trial versions or copyright-free material (hence, no ISOs, Warez or MP3s that are protected by copyright). Any references to such activities will also lead to deletion of the topic;

go read the rules

I did not ask for any warez or such thing, this is an example of a failed burn, and if u dont have anything healpful to say you might as well just say nothing,

now im seeing that alot of people are having trouble with this burner…
come on guys i need help with this :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=OrionG;1922783]I did not ask for any warez or such thing, this is an example of a failed burn, and if u dont have anything healpful to say you might as well just say nothing,

now im seeing that alot of people are having trouble with this burner…
come on guys i need help with this :)[/QUOTE]

Blah blah.

YOU have to follow the forum rules!
Your screenshot shows that you have obtained copyrighted material illegally by getting a scene rls from somewhere.

:cop:

Next time just post the ImgBurn [I]text[/I] log output, (then you can edit whatever shouldn’t be there).:wink:

Don’t think S203B burner will work properly on nVidia nForce4 mobos.
[I]Edit,[/I] looks like your onboard SiI chip doesn’t support optical drives either. Try an add-on SiliconImage PCI controller card.

Also remember to set booktype (DVD-ROM) before burning.

Other then that; use search or google for how to backup your xbox games.:slight_smile:

Thread closed.
OrionG consider yourself warned. :cop: