I know there’s been a few topics like mine lately
I’d like to get my first DVD burner this week.
I hesitate between the Nec 2500a and the Lite-on 812s
Why those models ? Simply because
- they’re DL compatible thanks to the hacked fw. I know there’s no DL media right now, but I don’t want to buy a new burner in 3 months.
- I’ve been waiting for the 8.5GB capacity, cos it allows real DVD-Video backups.
- They are cheap, cheaper than the “new” officials DL-compatibles burners…
I’m willing to take the risk of using unsupported features that void the warranty.
My main concerns are:
- compatibility with standalone DVD players
- compatibility with old DVD-ROM players (Pioneer DVD-114s)
- burning quality !
I don’t plan to use crappy medias. I swear to use TY or MCC discs
Considering all my blah-blah and that I can get the 812s easier (and cheaper) than the 2500, which one should I buy ?