YES or NOT

vbimport

assumption…
I’ve no DVD’s writer yet, I’ve no DVD’s backup experience at all…
…like tonns of people out there, just waiting Elby to make the right moves.

Due my lacking knowledge, I never imagine an Elby release compared to others, even considering it’s born two days ago !!!

Remember the latest CloneCD release ?
few clicks and go straight to target ! easy, quick and resolutive.
With CloneCD there is no chance for the rest.

OK, DVD’s and CD’s are different stuff, but after reading…
<< cloneDVD will not rip CSS protected movies >>
something doesn’t match, in my mind cames only…what ???

I’m quite confused,
shall we get from Elby what tonns of people expetcs from them.

Sincerely

No you wont, though i guess because of clone cd , a lot of people were expecting this.
Fact is some developers think the risk is worth it, some think it is not.Personaly i guess Olli made the “safe” move, especialy when you consider the amount of free rippers out there.

And how hard is it to include that little extra step of using DVD Decrypter beforehand? :confused:

I can fully understand any DVD software company not wanting to launch software one week and then finding them being dragged through the courts the week after.

Let’s just sit back and see what develops from the 321-Studios court battle. :wink:

I think the point is, that being a CLONE product, people would have expected a true Clone product.
The reasons why it isnt, is clear, that wont stop people being dissapointed though will it.

that’s absolutely correct !

I’ve the right to do a backup copy of my own DVD’s ?
I just expects from Elby the smart way to do it

Folks

Originally posted by Wolverine
[B]OK, DVD’s and CD’s are different stuff, but after reading…
<< cloneDVD will not rip CSS protected movies >>
something doesn’t match, in my mind cames only…what ???

I’m quite confused,
shall we get from Elby what tonns of people expetcs from them.

Sincerely [/B]

You will get it. Later. Maybe quite differently than you expect, and in a way, you won’t even dream of… All betatesters know what I mean.

And you all didn’t have faith in Olli. :wink:

• Gurm

anyone up for helping me make a warship ollie fanclub? i was thinking we take a bunch of sheep and sacrifies them for him, then we make a website just about him and we can send gifts and stuff to him. Oh and we can have a system where you can have you picture photoshopped with ollies picture and have ollie sign it. Sweet, anyone up for this??

(PS. I am just joking, but it would be cool.)

Originally posted by Olli
[B]

You will get it. Later. Maybe quite differently than you expect, and in a way, you won’t even dream of… All betatesters know what I mean. [/B]

Let me take a wild guess…

It will be a background application which is installed that decrypts a DVD on-the-fly, much like how the RegionKiller tool worked to remove the region protection (what happened to that program anyways - seems like it has disappeared).

This will allow some “other” company or entity to release this utility, while CloneDVD is kept away from any legal hassles regarding decrypting CSS.

Am I close?

Originally posted by IntestineMan
[B]

It will be a background application which is installed that decrypts a DVD on-the-fly, much like how the RegionKiller tool worked to remove the region protection (what happened to that program anyways - seems like it has disappeared).

This will allow some “other” company or entity to release this utility, while CloneDVD is kept away from any legal hassles regarding decrypting CSS.

Am I close? [/B]

LOL nice post. !

Originally posted by IntestineMan
[B]

Am I close? [/B]

Pretty. :smiley:

BTW, RegionKiller is obsolete and discontinued, because the new beast does remove region codes - even with RPC2 drives -, user prohibitions, macrovision, etc. as well. RegionKiller only caused trouble, because nobody understood, that you needed a RPC1 drive for it to work.

Olli
Just so you dont get the wrong idea, i understand why you have done it like you have, but i think you should have choosen a different name, because using that old clone name has made expectations very very high.Something i think you could never live up to in the current situation.

Olli
Just so you dont get the wrong idea, i understand why you have done it like you have, but i think you should have choosen a different name, because using that old clone name has made expectations very very high.Something i think you could never live up to in the current situation.

I agree in a way, I remember the day when people were guesting how legal clonecd was, but it ever really seemed to bother elby. Anyways, i just think that since the kid who release the decryption method won his case, the CloneDVD should have no reason for using his code to allow people to make LEGAL backups of DVD movies, It is not like the Movie companies offer any time of guarentee that if your movie gets scratched that you get a free new one. Even if you have to put that region check back onto place so that people in the USA and UK cannot use the full function of ripping a protected movie. Just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by Olli
[B]

… All betatesters know what I mean. [/B]
We do indeed :wink:

There is a driver called “AnyDVD” that Elby has released with Beta 1. This is from an article from the german computer magazine “c’t”. So no big secret.

The driver decryptes any DVD (removes CSS, Region code and Macrovision)

But I think it’s more interesting why they haven’t released it yet?

An

Originally posted by An Chang

But I think it’s more interesting why they haven’t released it yet?

Elby is a largish and legit company - they do a few other things as well. The line between circumvention and 1:1 is very fine and is being tested in courts around the world. Needless to say, Elby wants to steer clear of court action.

Yep…and hopefully when such a functional shell is released (whether it enables something akin to RK or DVDD to CDvd), it won’t be tied (directly/‘legally’) to Clone. Seems the best way around ‘court troubles’ under the ‘fair use’ edicts in the US to date. I was going to covertly suggest some such here, but I see speculation is already in place!
I imagine the MPAA et al have much deeper legal-pockets that the software industry could muster against CCd (and I wouldn’t wish 321’s legal-fees on anyone…).
I’ll just look for anonymus add-on releases to ‘one-click’ the process–and hopefully the author will have shown ‘keen insight’ into the mechanics of CDvd…[g]