Today I’ve got my Yamaha CRW-F1E (Fw. 1.0d). I’ve performed some tests with protected audio discs, immediately, because I wanted to know whether this drive really is the one and only universal audio-protection-defeater.
I’m afraid, it is not!
The drive cannot extract “Wolfgang Petry - Die laengste Single der Welt #3” which is protected with the old CactusDataShield200 which doesn’t contain the hidden file VERSION.TXT.
The F1 can read up to 59,74 seconds, only. Obove it rips silence.
This effect appears with:
- ExactAudioCopy 0.9 beta 4 (using Detect TOC manually)
- Feurio 1.66
- CloneCD 220.127.116.11 (with 1st ses. only on and off)
- CDRwin 4.0A reading sectorwise.
The tests were run under Win98SE, ASPI 4.60 and switched off auto insert notification.
But: The F1 can rip the following protections successfully:
- key2audio gen. 1 (Heather Nova)
- CactusDataShield100 V3 (Right Said Fred - Stand up)
- DOC.loc (Helium - Vola & Warp Brothers)
- protection on “De Raeuber - Achtung Raeuber”
During the next days I’ll test CDS100 V1/V2 and several current CDS200.0.4 3.0s.