Yamaha CRW-F1 really a 2 sheep burner!

Hello all i just thought i should bring this to your attention for all those who own a Yamaha CRW-F1 with firmware ver1.0d. that it seems to me that its a 2 sheep burner rathar that a 1 sheep burner in which is listed in the CloneCD suported writers list.

i have sucessfully burned 1 personal backup of the following SD2 protected CD’s with no AWS or Emulate weak sectors enabled just plane ole ingnore weak sectors.

SeriousSam2 2nd encounter
BattleField 1942
both work on my my toshiba and sony cd-rom drive.

and i downloaded that weaksector burn tester to determine how well the Yamaha CRX-F1 writes weaksectors and the results i got were quite interesting.

burned the safediskold test file to a CD-R using the Yamaha CRX-F1 passed wiht flying colours in both my cd-rom drives.
burned the Safedisk2.5.1.0 test file to a CD-R Passed with flying colours in both my CD-Rom drive.

unfortunatly my Yamaha CRW-F1 failed for the 3 sheep burner test file i ran CD through CD-check and errors came up toward the last of the file probally around the 380mb mark outa the origional 400mb test file.

has anyone else burned SD2 no prob with the Yamaha CRW-F1??:slight_smile:

My experiences with the Yamaha CRW-F1 are that it can nearly make perfect copies. Copies with weak sectors set to ignore failed in my Toshiba SD-M1502 DVD-ROM. I used firmware 1.0b I believe. Might be interesting to test with the latest firmware 1.0f to see if anything has changed…? What Toshiba drive did you use to test the copies with?

On brennmeister, someone wrote that with the latest firmware, it successfully verifies the 3 sheep test file, but the Toshiba 1502 can’t read it then.
@GF: Upgrade it and test it…

thats right, i tested it today and the 3sheep can´t be read in the toshiba 1712, but the yammi DID!

can you post the link ALEXNOE ?

Originally posted by [KFG]
[B]thats right, i tested it today and the 3sheep can´t be read in the toshiba 1712, but the yammi DID!

can you post the link ALEXNOE ? [/B]

But can the yamaha be considered as a 3 sheep burner if the Toshiba can’t read the backup?

All 2 sheep burners are able to create backup which works at least in the Toshiba sd-m1502…
Also Plextor can read its non perfect weak sectors.
Greetings and happy new year.

Quick test:

I’ve copied Grand Prix 4 (SafeDisc v2.80.010) with CloneCD. Weak sectors ignore. Back-up works in the Yamaha drive and in Plextor 40X and 48X drives. Back-up failed in a Lite-On 52X drive. I have yet to test the back-up in a Toshiba SD-M1502 drive (it’s not attached to my computer right now). I think it will also help to test with DiscJuggler. I’ll do that when I have the time.

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
[B]Quick test:

I’ve copied Grand Prix 4 (SafeDisc v2.80.010) with CloneCD. Weak sectors ignore. Back-up works in the Yamaha drive and in Plextor 40X and 48X drives. Back-up failed in a Lite-On 52X drive. I have yet to test the back-up in a Toshiba SD-M1502 drive (it’s not attached to my computer right now). I think it will also help to test with DiscJuggler. I’ll do that when I have the time. [/B]
Hi, is your version of GP4 a new version or something? Mine is only Safedisc 2.60.052

But can the yamaha be considered as a 3 sheep burner if the Toshiba can’t read the backup?
No. Reading in a Toshiba DVD-ROM is required to pass the test.

About the link: Can’t find it at the moment…

Failed in the Toshiba. I’ve updated my Grand Prix 4 game with the latest patch, v9.6:

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
[B]Failed in the Toshiba. I’ve updated my Grand Prix 4 game with the latest patch, v9.6:

[/B]
Ah I see, yours is patched. That would explain it. Cheers.