Yamaha CRW-F1 AMQR and DiscT@2 enabled burning Software

vbimport

[quote=Bob;2229596]dunno Jim so far i’ve always made sure it is turned on when i wanted to use it for my testing.

I found this interesting :bigsmile: http://www.yamahamultimedia.com/yec/tech/demo_aam.htm
Kind of wished i had the Firewire/USB 2.0 model (CRW-F1ZDX).[/quote]
I thought that AMQR sounded better, so I am not crazy.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2229604]I thought that AMQR sounded better, so I am not crazy.[/QUOTE]yup it sounds better to me.

I made a CD-R for my wife and some people at her work wanted to copy it. I was not sure they would be able to cause i don’t know what they use to read CD-R’s. The wife said they got it copied but i still have no idea what they used to read that disc. Plus that disc was an 8x 74min 650MB Verbie CD-R.

Guess that shows AAMQR burned discs are very compatible possibly.

I guess I better find something I can use for AMQR I have the full Nero 7.11.6 but I have found nothing but Disc T@2 and OWC no AMQR:(.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2229616]I guess I better find something I can use for AMQR I have the full Nero 7.11.6 but I have found nothing but Disc T@2 and OWC [B]no AMQR[/B]:(.[/QUOTE]It’s in Nero Burning Rom. Click on the Burn tab in “New Compilation” then Write method drop down. That’s using 7.11.10.0 though.

ah ha, :slight_smile: thanks boobie.

Well mine must be a POS or maybe it’s me LOL but this is what I get with AMQR enabled using [B]ANY[/B] Nero burning ROM but it burns the lead in :confused:. Nero express always gives me a good burn but no way to enable AMQR :(. The record at best speed feature works fine too.

No way to force AMQR i take it other than letting the drive/Nero pick the speed? Are you using .cue or .iso files i guess?

I’ve been using .cue files created with ImgBurn then burn with Nero.

[quote=Bob;2229764]No way to force AMQR i take it other than letting the drive/Nero pick the speed? Are you using .cue or .iso files i guess?

I’ve been using .cue files created with ImgBurn then burn with Nero.[/quote]
I will give it a try, thanks!

Well, it seems that I have a problem with Nero burning ROM. Burn failed again this time I tried it without engaging AMQR, has to be something related to being an external drive…ahh who knows :p. I can use Nero express and it burns fine also clone CD. LOL I quit.:doh:

now I can’t burn any cd’s with any app. even my plextors.:eek:

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2229998]now I can’t burn any cd’s with any app. even my plextors.:eek:[/QUOTE]:eek: :doh: crap Jim hope you get it figured out man.

I have the external CRW-F1UX (USB2-only).

Right, but Toast 5 Lite was a special OEM version of the software which is old, outdated, and useless. There weren’t clear indications that support for the CRW-F1 had been carried forward into modern versions of the software. That was the issue. Anyone who has used computers for a liong time knows how a program can drop features or support for certain hardware over time. Like I said, I now know that support for the CRW-F1 is still contained in at least Toast 8, and most likely all the way up to the latest Toast 10.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2229592]I thought AMQR was automatic if you record @8x or less?[/QUOTE]

No, it’s not automatic. It must be specifically turned on.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2229902]Well, it seems that I have a problem with Nero burning ROM. Burn failed again this time I tried it without engaging AMQR, has to be something related to being an external drive…ahh who knows…[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2229616]I guess I better find something I can use for AMQR I have the full Nero 7.11.6…[/QUOTE]

Why don’t you upgrade your full Nero 7 (Ultra not Express) to the latest version? There are probably bug fixes and other updates you’re missing out on by not having 7.11.10.0:

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2229998]now I can’t burn any cd’s with any app. even my plextors.:eek:[/QUOTE]

Time for a cold boot (shutdown; wait one minute; power on).

OK, so I got a PC using friend to give me their old copy of Nero 7 Premium, and now I’m up and running with the full Nero Burning ROM 7.11.10.0. :clap:

It definitely supports the CRW-F1, with everything exactly as described by Bob. :bow:

Before I went looking for an older copy of Nero 5/6/7, I tried testing a trial copy of Nero 9. Unfortunately, Nero 9 seems to have some sort of weird incompatibility with the CRW-F1UX, because it constantly crashed with a BSOD when trying to startup and communicate with my drive. There’s some kind of problematic interaction between Nero 9 and the Yamaha enclosure, related to the usbstor.sys driver. If the drive was turned off and I started Nero 9, no crashes. If the drive was turned on while Nero 9 was already loaded, or if the drive was already on before attempting to load Nero 9, crashing galore. No crashes occurred when Nero 9 tried talking to my Mapower GL811E enclosure.

And note that this problem was specific to Nero 9. No crashing or problems occurred with Nero 7 Premium or Express, and no crashing or problems occurred under OS X with Toast 8. I did not have the chance to test Nero 8.

Now if jamescooley1 can figure out his problem :doh:

Thanks negritude I tried all of that stuff nothing worked, then a brainstorm… I installed it on another computer and all is well. And my Plextors work again too. A conflict between AMQR drives:confused:. Well the Yammerhammer u works well with Plex premium u which is also installed on the same puter. Next time in need some punishment I will install it with the Premium IIs and see what happens. Yes the jitter is much better now with AMQR.:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2230162]Thanks negritude I tried all of that stuff nothing worked, then a brainstorm… I installed it on another computer and all is well. And my Plextors work again too. A conflict between AMQR drives:confused:. Well the Yammerhammer u works well with Plex premium u which is also installed on the same puter. Next time in need some punishment I will install it with the Premium IIs and see what happens. [B]Yes the jitter is much better now with AMQR[/B].:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]:cool: but i have my Premium II in the same case no conflicts. YammerHammer F1 is hooked up to PCI/IDE card and Premium II is on mobo IDE. oh well glad you got it figured out :clap:

I have my premium IIs in USB Prolific chip cases don’t know if that had anything to do with it, but all is burning well now. Sometime soon I will try all 3 on the same computer again.

Remember when using AMQR only 63 mins for 650MB blanks and 68 mins for 700MB blanks. And you cannot overburn using AMQR so i have read.