Yamaha CRW-F1 AMQR and DiscT@2 enabled burning Software

vbimport

Hello

I have a Yamaha CRW-F1 CD burner (connected to my PC with USB). I use Nero 5.5.10.56 (supports DiscT@2 and AMQR) and WinOnCd 6.03 (supports DiscT@2 but not AMQR) for my Yamaha burner.

My Nero 6.6.x.x and 7.11.x.x does not support DiscT@2 and AMQR at all. Is there other software available enabling AMQR or using the DiscT@2 capabilities of this drive?

Thanks in advance

TM

Hi TM and good questions. I recently bought a [B]new[/B] F1 for $51 usd shipped (thanks again negritude for finding it) and was wondering the same thing. Have you found anything that will work besides Nero or WinOnCD?

I’ve been digging up info on this drive and came across this for 24x and 32x writing but it involves … yes once again Nero :a http://club.cdfreaks.com/f36/new-yamaha-crw-f1-fw-1-0d-55248/

Also here is a link to all the firmwares if your interested but i think 1.0G is the best from what i have read http://www.cdrinfo.pl/hardware/2154190213-Yamaha-CRW-F1 The firmwares can be extracted using WinRAR or whatever to separate the flasher and the .bin files and also there is a flashing instructions file.

Member Womi has got one of these drives coming so maybe the 3 of us can get more info to trade to each other :smiley:

Just as an FYI, official firmware and other links are here:

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/computer/index2.html

In using DiscT@2, you are faced with two problems:

1. Labelflash effectively usurped DiscT@2, even though Labelflash doesn’t support CD-R writing. I have no idea why Yamaha and NEC decided to do this, but the result is that DiscT@2 support has been dropped from most software, even as the same software has added Labelflash support.

2. Labelflash isn’t licensed for use in North America, so the only way to get it or DiscT@2 support in Nero 6 or later is to use the European versions of the software.

Surely someone in the open source community may one day write a driver or hack that will allow Labelflash drives to write on CD-Rs and/or allow Labelflash enabled software to write in DiscT@2 format. Maybe we should petition Yamaha and NEC to add DiscT@2 support back into the Labelflash technical specification.

Thank you for that info negritude. TM is in Europe (Germany) so i’m sure he has Europe Nero version?

Anyway i loaded Nero 5.5.10.56 on my XP Pro boot and used Disc T@2 and AMQR plus unchecked Optimum Writespeed Control to gain 24x and 32x writing speeds. Everything works fine but man i hate Nero with a passion.

[B]Can anyone verify that European versions of Nero 7 will work with AMQR and Disc T@2 with Vi$ta 64 bit?[/B]

Hello Bob

It is true I have a European (German version) of the Yamaha CRW-F1.

The Nero 5.5.10.56 is the only software supporting AMQR and DiscT@2 in one software.

WinOnCD 6.x supports DiscT@2 very well. I’m happy to have this old dinosaur. WoC does not support AMQR (or I did not find the AMQR option…?
WinOnCD 6 was in Germany released from several computer magazines as free full version on the bonus CD/DVD attachet to the particular magazine. Maybe it is legally downloadable somewhere? I never checked it. WoC works well with XP. But I did not try it with Vista.

Finally Jens Fangmaiers Feurio! supports AMQR. It is a software primary for burning audio CDs.

My Nero 7 Premium does not support DiscT@2 and AMQR. The software is in german so it should be a european version. The Nero 7 supports DiskT@2 very well with my Pioneer DVR-115L and DVD media, so I guess the software is set up correctly.
Maybe my problem not able to use DiscT@2 with my Yamaha is that it is in an USB / FW enclosure?

My burn results on the Yamaha F1 are good. But I still love my Premium II. It is still the best CD burner for me (with or without using AMQR)

I stopped my investigations on having support DiscT@2 in Nero 7 with the Yamaha burner. There are some people writing DiscT@2 works with Nero 7. At the moment I cannot confirm this. I found a software combination on using AMQR/DiscT@2 therefore I do not look anymore for solutions.

[QUOTE=TM;2188529]Hello Bob

It is true I have a European (German version) of the Yamaha CRW-F1.

The Nero 5.5.10.56 is the only software supporting AMQR and DiscT@2 in one software.

WinOnCD 6.x supports DiscT@2 very well. I’m happy to have this old dinosaur. WoC does not support AMQR (or I did not find the AMQR option…?
WinOnCD 6 was in Germany released from several computer magazines as free full version on the bonus CD/DVD attachet to the particular magazine. Maybe it is legally downloadable somewhere? I never checked it. WoC works well with XP. But I did not try it with Vista.

Finally Jens Fangmaiers Feurio! supports AMQR. It is a software primary for burning audio CDs.

My Nero 7 Premium does not support DiscT@2 and AMQR. The software is in german so it should be a european version. The Nero 7 supports DiskT@2 very well with my Pioneer DVR-115L and DVD media, so I guess the software is set up correctly.
Maybe my problem not able to use DiscT@2 with my Yamaha is that it is in an USB / FW enclosure?

My burn results on the Yamaha F1 are good. But I still love my Premium II. It is still the best CD burner for me (with or without using AMQR)

I stopped my investigations on having support DiscT@2 in Nero 7 with the Yamaha burner. There are some people writing DiscT@2 works with Nero 7. At the moment I cannot confirm this. I found a software combination on using AMQR/DiscT@2 therefore I do not look anymore for solutions.[/QUOTE]Good idea to reply to my PM here TM and thank you the info.

I guess i’ll have to continue to have dual boot XP Pro 32 bit/Vi$ta 64 bit to use all the functions. Also did you notice the Optimum Writespeed Control need to be unchecked in Nero to gain 24x and 32x writing? which blows for me cause that’s another reason i have to use my XP Pro boot. I just want to use the F1 to the fullest.

I don’t think the enclosure has anything to do with it at this time. Could be but i don’t think so.

Also my Pioneer 215L works with LableFlash in Nero 7 but i want to be able to use Disc T@2 on CD-R’s with my Yamaha and it’s no go.

Happy 2009 to you and yours :slight_smile:

I started this thread if you feel the need for some scanning :smiley: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f107/post-your-yamaha-crw-f1-cd-r-w-recorder-scsi-ide-scans-here-260830/

[QUOTE=TM;2188529]I found a software combination on using AMQR/DiscT@2 therefore I do not look anymore for solutions.[/QUOTE]TM i have AMQR and DiscT@2 working with Nero 7.11.10.0 using Vi$ta 64 bit on my F1. You have a work around so i would go with that. Just wanted to let you know.

Hello TM.

I have a Yamaha CRW-F1 CD burner (connected to my PC with USB). I use Nero 5.5.10.56 (supports DiscT@2 and AMQR) and WinOnCd 6.03 (supports DiscT@2 but not AMQR) for my Yamaha burner.

I have Roxio WinOnCD DVD Edition
Version 6.02.1041 and would like
to see if it has DiscT@2 support,
could you tell me how can I find out?

My Nero 6.6.x.x and 7.11.x.x does not support DiscT@2 and AMQR at all. Is there other software available enabling AMQR or using the DiscT@2 capabilities of this drive?

I’ve tested Nero 5.5.10.56, 6.6.1.15 and 7.11.10.0
(Former two in XP and last in Vista) with Yamaha
CRW-F1ZE (E-IDE/ATAPI) and CRW-F1ZDX
(USB & FireWire) for AMQR, CD-RW Audio
Track Edit and DiscT@2 features and
all the results were successful.

[QUOTE=IpseDixit;2189758]I have Roxio WinOnCD DVD Edition
Version 6.02.1041 and would like
to see if it has DiscT@2 support,
could you tell me how can I find out?[/QUOTE]
I have WoC 6.03.1060 and DiscT@2 worlks as expected. I attached a screenshot of the WoC GUI and marked the DiscT@2 feature

[QUOTE=IpseDixit;2189758]I’ve tested Nero 5.5.10.56, 6.6.1.15 and 7.11.10.0
(Former two in XP and last in Vista) with Yamaha
CRW-F1ZE (E-IDE/ATAPI) and CRW-F1ZDX
(USB & FireWire) for AMQR, CD-RW Audio
Track Edit and DiscT@2 features and
all the results were successful.[/QUOTE]
I currently update my Nero to be sure it is 7.11.10.0. I was thinking I have this version installed but the Nero Info Tool told me of several components with 7.x version number only a 7.10.x.x version…

Strange. My Nero 7.11.10.0 does not offer me AMQR or DiscT@2.

Where can I set up AMQR or use DiscT@2. The cover designer does not have any options for DiskT@2.

Btw my Yamaha is recognized correctly as CRW-F1E (USB burner)

TM ,

In Nero 7.11.10.0 open Nero Startsmart and click on the 2 people icon (bottom right) to switch to Advanced mode. In Nero Smartstart > click on the arrow on the left middle of the Startsmart > click on Applications dropdown and select Nero Burning Rom. When New Compilation pops up select the Burn tab. In the Write method dropdown there you will find AMQR.

Burn DiscT@2 is listed under Recorder (top left) dropdown in Nero Burning Rom.

Click again on Recorder in Nero Burning Rom and then Choose Recorder then select your Yamaha F1 then click on Options. Uncheck Optimum Writespeed Control for gaining 24x and 32x writing. Click ok and your set.

I haven’t actually burned a disc with AMQR and used Disc T@2 yet but i will today. Let me or IpseDixit know if you have trouble.

A big thanks to IpseDixit for trying out Nero 7 :bow:

I would be happier if some other app would work as i despise Nero :a

[QUOTE=Bob;2189924]In Nero 7.11.10.0 open Nero Startsmart and click on the 2 people icon (bottom right) to switch to Advanced mode. In Nero Smartstart > click on the arrow on the left middle of the Startsmart > click on Applications dropdown and select Nero Burning Rom. When New Compilation pops up select the Burn tab. In the Write method dropdown there you will find AMQR.

Burn DiscT@2 is listed under Recorder (top left) dropdown in Nero Burning Rom. [/QUOTE]

Bob, thank you :bow:

I guess I’d never found the options in Nero. It seems like it would work. I put a burnt data disk into my Yamaha drive and the DiskT@2 displayed the right fre space to write on the remaining space of the disk. I guess I’ll test it also :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=TM;2189982]Bob, thank you :bow:

I guess I’d never found the options in Nero. It seems like it would work. I put a burnt data disk into my Yamaha drive and the DiskT@2 displayed the right fre space to write on the remaining space of the disk. I guess I’ll test it also :)[/QUOTE]:clap: I was beginning to think it was your external case maybe but glad it will work for you now :cool:

[QUOTE=TM;2189869]I have WoC 6.03.1060 and DiscT@2 worlks as expected. I attached a screenshot of the WoC GUI and marked the DiscT@2 feature[/QUOTE]
I forgot the picture … :o

You can post your scans (AMQR) here if you like :wink: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f107/post-your-yamaha-crw-f1-cd-r-w-recorder-scsi-ide-scans-here-260830/ IpseDixit and Womi (when he gets his) too.

@IpseDixit

WoC 6.03 also supports AMQR in audio projects, I found it in the advanced settings :slight_smile: (Yes I should look more often to the advanced settings)

But I currently did not try it out, finally there is also an option available :slight_smile:

oh by the way guys here is all the firmwares for the F1 … C,D,F, and G http://www.cdrinfo.pl/hardware/2154190213-Yamaha-CRW-F1 I’m sticking with “G”

Hi again guys.

Thanks Bob and TM for the directions
to Nero and WOCD AMQR and DiscT@2
controls respectively, now we’re closer
to get the most of our burners.

TM, it’s good to know that there’s no problem
with your enclosure, just that your burner is still
being recognized as the E-IDE/ATAPI model. My
WOCD was hiding the cool stuff from lazy me :P,
I’m a Premium II lover too, but there must be a
difference between F1’s AAMQR and PII’s AMQR.

Bob, your scans are a good start to compare
both features, I installed WOCD in Vista and
everything worked ok.