Yamaha CDRW-F1E makes coasters

I just got the new yamah burner. Everytime I burn an audio cd with it, the tracks are all skippy.

My specs:

WinXp Home edition
Prim Master HDD
Prim Slave Toshiba sd-r1002 combo drive
sec master yahmaha cdrw-f1e f/w 1.0d
sec slave liteon ltr-48125w vso8
amd athlon 850mhz
288 mb ram
Nero 5.5.9.14, Clonecd, EAC, Feurio
DMA on

note: this also happened with f/w 1.0b which came with drive.
Burning at 44x on taiyo yuden fujifilms rated at 48x.
Itt burned fine at 16x and 32x.

burning from wav files on hd.

I can’t figure this out, and the users manual in yamaha didn’t help.

TIA.

Burning at 44x for an audio CD could be the case. The cd says that it is designed for burners up to 48x but usually in the case of data. Audio is written differently and so the higher you burn an audio cd, the more likely the cd is going to skip. You can try burning the audio CD using Audio Master cuz Audio Master is technology that supposed to make the quality of the write in an audio cd better. Also, try another CD manufacturer cuz different companies have different standards in quality. If all else fails, you have no other choice but to lower your burning speed.

well i lowered it to 16x and it still messed up. i din’t turn on audio master because i was burning an 99 minute cd. I burned the same copmilation at 1x and it works fine.

I can burn those same fuljifilms at 48x with my lireon, so thias doesn’t make sense.

sec master yahmaha cdrw-f1e f/w 1.0d
sec slave liteon ltr-48125w vso8

Well with this set up I could not get my liteon to burn without the same problem. I think you need to get the two ata33 drives off the same channel. My F1 would get 1/2 way in to a speed test under nero and just quit also. All was well after I got them off the same channel. If you come up with a fix let me know.

well the idea i have is to buy a controllercard to put the lite-on onto. But the only problem was, when i took the liteon off the channel and just had the yamaha, it still did it. I emailed yamaha and waiting in their reply. I also took of my cable that came with my computer and replaced it with the one that came with the yamaha.

Also: assuming i bought a controller card, the one im looking at is an ata133, thats compatible with ata33 right?

Originally posted by kwkard
[B]well the idea i have is to buy a controllercard to put the lite-on onto. But the only problem was, when i took the liteon off the channel and just had the yamaha, it still did it. I emailed yamaha and waiting in their reply. I also took of my cable that came with my computer and replaced it with the one that came with the yamaha.

Also: assuming i bought a controller card, the one im looking at is an ata133, thats compatible with ata33 right? [/B]

Thats what I did, just put a new controllercard in. But I dont know why it didnt work all by itself on its own channel.:confused: Was it skipping in the computer or a home player? Will it burn a normal CDr not a 99min one? Are you using a VIA MB with there drivers or Microsofts drivers to get Mode 02 on your MB?

it does the same on my 80minute fuji’s. I burne like 5 songs on there and it still skipped. The cd’s skipped in both the computer and home stereo. This paticulat stereo has always been able to play cd-r’s burned with the liteon. I do have a VIA motherboard. How do i tell which drivers I am using? Seeing as how i haven’t downloaded any frivers from VIA I would assume I am using microsoft’s. And what do you mean by getting mode 2 on my motherboard?

I mean UDMA Mode 2. If it works with the Liteon on a channel by itself and not the F1 and under “system” in xp it says UDMA MODE 2 for your secondary channel for the drive I think your F1 might be bad. Try it in a second computer.

By system I mean system- divice manager-ide/ata controllers-secondary ide channel it should say current Mode is ultra dma mode 2.

ok it does say udma mode 2. I downoaded latest drivers for mobo. I put in different computer and no luck. Yamaha never emailed me back. I called their tech support, and I am going to ship it to them on monday.

They said it will take them 7-10 business days to send it back fixed. Which means i probably wont get it until nov 15th.

They better send back a working one or I shall be ever so pissed.:a :frowning:

Also a thing to consider, did you have IMAPI burning disabled in Win XP? If left enabled it can cause a few problems, still sounds like a faulty unit to me though but disable it anyway if I was you.

Control panel> Admin tools> Services and right click on IMAPI> disable.

tried that, no luck, its gonna be sent in for repair, but when i get i back i shall be ever so happy. Me thinks I order another burner off the net and it will get here before the yamaha.

I’m just about to replace my LiteOn 40x with the Yammy so I just hope that I don’t run into any problems like you have. :wink:

I’ll trade you my yamaha for your liteon, then you would have 2 yamaha’s and i would have 2 liteons.

Please?:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I got an external YAMAHA CRW-F1DX connected with Firewire to a Mac and sometimes to a PC and it works without any errors.

I got some problems with slow HDD in a laptop so it might also be the cause for your problems:
Perhaps you are using IDE Cables not suitable for ATA100.
I got a Notebook from Taiwan, and other people say that the manufacturer used ATA33-capable IDE-cables just to drop the cost, and I expierience that my harddrive is really working slower than a comparable ATA66 notebook disk.

So try replacing the IDE cable with a more quality one.

Originally posted by kwkard
[B]I’ll trade you my yamaha for your liteon, then you would have 2 yamaha’s and i would have 2 liteons.

Please?:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: [/B]

kwkard, I have the same drive, I have yet to have any skipping problems… It is quite possible you got a lemon. dont get rid of it, You will be happy in the long run.

I have even burned Audio at max speed, with VERY little skipping, Slow it down a bit, and no problems.

Im not getting rid of it, I’m simply sending it in for repair. I used the cable that came with the drive, so i know thats not the issue because it burns data and disc T@2 just fine.

So right now Im waiting for it to come back, but it probably won’t be until mid-late November befor I get it.

But as long as they fix it or i get a new one i’ll be happy.

It could be the speed of the system. I had problem with burning audio cd with my yamaha 3200e in my previous system (celeron 336) at 24x or even 12x. It needs more speed for audio cds than data.
In fact i though mine was problematic too, had it checked, nothing wrong, and realized that even the PSU, could be too little (230W). Sometimes froze and had to remove and reconect the power cable… to work.
Now at my new system there is no problem (likely my former mobo fried).
44x needs a powerful system and meny people do the mistake to buy a so quick cdrw for a slow pc. And it is not only the CPU but the motherboard chipset also.
What is your mobo?

i have a gigabyte GA-7ZX with VIA chipset. Funny thing is, i know its not too slow because i can burn everything at 48x with my liteon.