Yamaha brings CRW-F1: 44/24/44 CD-RW drive

vbimport

I just posted the article Yamaha brings CRW-F1: 44/24/44 CD-RW drive.

burnproof pointed us to the pages of Yamaha announcing a new drive. This new Yamaha drive will support 44x CAV writing, 24x rewriting and 44x maximum reading speed.

Besides the incredible…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/3955-Yamaha-brings-CRW-F1--44_24_44-CD-RW-drive.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/3955-Yamaha-brings-CRW-F1--44_24_44-CD-RW-drive.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Hmmm… I thought in that review about Yamaha drives, that speed was no longer an issue or am i mistaken. However, this DiscT@2 feature looks pretty good, damn i shouldn’t have bought a cd-printer :frowning: oh well.

As you may remember, that wasn’t an issue for Yamaha."…Our opinion is that the speed of CD-writers isn’t any longer an argument." Thanks God ! :d

best of it all is that this drive will come in a ide :r a firewire :slight_smile: and a scsi interface :4

Something always happens right after I buy something. I bought the Yamaha 3200EZ about a week ago and a few days later CDFreaks does a review on it… now Yamaha introduces a new burner! This happens to me so much it’s scary. Oh well, I’m not complaining, I was in desperate need of a new burner… I still had a 4x Yamaha! (If this new burner is close to the price I got the 3200 for… then I’ll have to get a RMA. :4)

Hats off to Yamaha! At last a company that’s pushing the CD-RW format forward, rather than CD-R. It’s always been misleading when you saw ‘24x CD-RW Writers’ mentioned, because the 24x always refered to the CD-R Write speed, never the CD-RW! Now we can say ‘24x CD-RW Writer’ and mean it :slight_smile:

Soon to come: Lite-On LTR-48246W: 48X full CAV Write 24X P-CAV RE-Write 48X CAV reading Mount rainier Don’t come in SCSI flavour, who need that anyway, SCSI is for powerful servers not for the mainstream homeuser!!!:+ Lite-On kicks the butt of yamaha…only missing the laser drawing system… Will the yamaha support “Correct EFM encoding of regular bit patterns”? Will it be fully supported in CloneCD? Time will show…

…will it support 99 minute cds? …only time…

There is a 27 to 1 chance that the new Yamaha drive will not support “two sheeps” for EFM. None of the previous 27 drives listed on CloneCD web site have “two sheeps” for EFM. However, I am hoping that this new drive will support Correct EFM and 99 min overburning for those that need it. I like the looks and the design of their 3200 series but not the 2200 and before, so I hope Yamaha keeps the face design the same.