Yamaha Advanced Audio Master Mode (CRW-F1 Series)

vbimport

Does anyone remember this and know if there were any other burners that offered this feature? It lengthened the burned pits to maximum according to red/orange book standards, turning a 74min CD into about a 63min CD, with some obvious benefits.

I have this burner… Its coolest feature is not AMQR though, it is DiscT@2 where you can burn a message on the unused outer part of the disc (latest support in Nero was v5.5) :slight_smile:
There was more than this drive from Yamaha that came with AMQR, but I really do not remember any more…
You could tweak a function (was it gigarec?) to achieve the same with Plextor drives supporting it, but the Plextor Premium2 CD-burner was the only to license AMQR from Yamaha and is to my knowledge the the most recent drive to have the technology.

CD-Freaks, correct me as you see fit :flower:

Yep, loved the T@2 feature, unfortunately it was right around the time that dark dye discs became non-existent, making the image extremely hard to see. I remember mine came with one dark-dye disc.

I have the external version, and for some reason I get failures when I use the AMQR mode. This never happened until the last few years when I dug it out of my closet. Is it possible the drive is damaged or the laser is failing?

It lengthened the burned pits to maximum according to red/orange book standards, turning a 74min CD into about a 63min CD, with some obvious benefits.

Please elaborate…

[QUOTE=roadworker;2777952]Please elaborate…[/QUOTE]

If you’re looking for an elaboration on the benefits, a perfect example would be an old 12-disc Pioneer car CD changer that a friend of mine owned, and it became so faulty (dirty I assume) that no CDs would play. Either they wouldn’t play or they would skip if you breathed on it.

Around this time was when I first picked up my Yamaha CRW-F1, burned an audio master, and on an MAM gold on gold disc, and it played perfectly on his 12-disc changer. He never had an issues with that disc.

It is ages old and so it is possible, but I can not say :flower: I have two Plextor Premium2 and use them when burning AMQR discs. The Yamaha is only used when burning T@2 :iagree:

I agree with your experience on older CD-players as they in my experience thrives better with AMQR discs. However, I have read stories about players where it is hard to get an AMQR recording to play at all, but I’ve never come across such a device.

Oh… Welcome to the forum btw :flower: :flower: :flower:

[QUOTE=JHow77;2777953]If you’re looking for an elaboration on the benefits, a perfect example would be an old 12-disc Pioneer car CD changer that a friend of mine owned, and it became so faulty (dirty I assume) that no CDs would play. Either they wouldn’t play or they would skip if you breathed on it.

Around this time was when I first picked up my Yamaha CRW-F1, burned an audio master, and on an MAM gold on gold disc, and it played perfectly on his 12-disc changer. He never had an issues with that disc.[/QUOTE]

THX for the info,but goin’ up from this, wouldn’t it also be possible that the reflective ‘gold’ layer and the slow burning speed (better engraved pits and lands) really did the trick,instead of the longer pits and lands ? :confused:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2777961]THX for the info,but goin’ up from this, wouldn’t it also be possible that the reflective ‘gold’ layer and the slow burning speed (better engraved pits and lands) really did the trick,instead of the longer pits and lands ? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Definitely possible.

THX for the reply…:iagree:
My reason for pointing this out,was my personal experience many years ago with Kodak Gold cd’s on my Clarion CDC-6300 car cdplayer…
That player started to fail playing even originals from time to time after a few years of use…however,copies burned on Kodak Gold cd’s with EAC as ripper and Padus Discjuggler as burning program (4-8 x speed setting max.) worked flawlessly as long as I had that car…:bigsmile: