Yamaha 3200E useless after firmware upgrade

vbimport

HeLp! I upgraded my yamaha 3200E firmware to the newest version and now it is useless.

I insert a disc, the blue led blinks, then goes white. Nothing happens.
If I go to My Computer and try to open the drive, it will ask me to “please insert a disc in drive D:” But the disc is still in there!

I’ve followed the directions for firmware upgrade to no avail. Installations were succesfull… but now cant use my drive.

Using XP pro if that helps… turned off AutoPlay and everything.

Please help ASAP.

have you found a fix??? it happend to me too! please help.

FINALLY!! other people with my problem!! unfortunately, i’ve had this same problem for 6 months now and cannot get yamaha (after 2 typed letters via snail mail, numerous emails and 1 phone call) to address the issue. they told me over the phone my options were this (since my drive was 3 months outside of warranty)

1. send the drive in for repairs = $140
  2. send the drive in towards purchase of new yamaha drive

i told the guy chances were i wouldn’t be purchasing a yamaha drive if those were my options.

recently, however, i received an e-mail from someone who is helpful finally. he attached an older firmware (1.0b). it is hard as hell to install it, but once i got it, i at least got some functionality back from the drive. windows xp recognizes it sometimes and i can rip to mp3’s (but it is very slow - using musicmatch it gets about 8x instead of my old 20-24x back in the days!!).

PM me if you would like me to send you this 1.0b firmware…sigh…i wish the drive just worked like it’s supposed to.

if anyone has any updated information, i am ALL EARS!!

j

1. send the drive in towards purchase of new yamaha drive

Does that mean they have a trade-up program ?

Originally posted by Renegade661
Does that mean they have a trade-up program ?

yea, although i forget what the trade-in value of your drive is. i think it was around $40 or something, and he quoted me at $140 for a replacement drive, so minus the $40 trade-in, i was looking at spending $100 - and giving it to a piece of shit company that wasnt even interested in my satisfaction (i mean COME ON - the drive died 3 months outside of the warranty) i would recommend just buying a new drive on pricewatch.com or pricegrabber.com and getting a better deal.

Originally posted by flyguyj
yea, although i forget what the trade-in value of your drive is. i think it was around $40 or something, and he quoted me at $140 for a replacement drive, so minus the $40 trade-in, i was looking at spending $100 - and giving it to a piece of shit company that wasnt even interested in my satisfaction (i mean COME ON - the drive died 3 months outside of the warranty) i would recommend just buying a new drive on pricewatch.com or pricegrabber.com and getting a better deal.

Hmm, maybe but I’d sell my soul for a CRW-F1, so if I can trade my 3200 for it … :bow:
The only new drive that I’d buy (if I had to) could be a Plextor, but since these burners are pricey it would’nt be a better deal :wink:

Hi. Will you please send me 1.0b as well? My email address is hugh.r.gaston@gmail.com.

Thank you!