Yahoo Messenger

vbimport

How do I get rid of that annoying Yahoo Messenger, its not on control panel or in program files?
I have Windows 7 Home Premium. T.I.A.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_MSNG&page=content&id=SLN1486

hth
Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2609655]http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_MSNG&page=content&id=SLN1486

hth
Michael[/QUOTE]
Thanks M but that link bought me to control panel uninstall, its not in there

Install it, then uninstall it.

Mr B, thanks for the reply, what should I install/uninstall, Yahoo?

What else? :wink:

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2609814]What else? :wink:

Michael[/QUOTE]
I assumed he meant that but how do you install it, when I google Yahoo it doesn’;t give me an install option?

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2609819]I assumed he meant that but how do you install it, when I google Yahoo it doesn’;t give me an install option?[/QUOTE]
I did install and uninstall Yahoo messenger, I guess thats what you meant, sorry. See if that works.

Did it work?

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2610722]Did it work?[/QUOTE]

Mr B sorry for not responding, unfortunately, it did not…

Is there any other Yahoo related stuff installed on your computer? Perhaps Yahoo Toolbar?

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2610781]Is there any other Yahoo related stuff installed on your computer? Perhaps Yahoo Toolbar?

Michael[/QUOTE]
M , thanks for the reply, I see nothing in control panel relating to Yahoo.

Time for some more.details…
What browser are you using?
Does it show up when you use another browser?
How long has it been there?
Can you think of any software you downloaded and installed back when Yahoo Messenger first appeared?

[QUOTE=deanimator;2610815]Time for some more.details…
What browser are you using?
Does it show up when you use another browser?
How long has it been there?
Can you think of any software you downloaded and installed back when Yahoo Messenger first appeared?[/QUOTE]
Dean, I have been using I.E.9, have had it about 2 Mos. can’t think of any new software prior to the problem, I wiil try Firefox and see if it happens.