Xxx state of the union

vbimport

What is with this dvd? I tried Nero and Decripter, but no luck. Any ideas…Anybody

Same here, have tried for hours with no luck, can’t break protection.

Well I bought that one Tuesday and made a back up copy as I always do. After using decrypt ripping it with Benq1620, the 1620 would not reconize any dvd! I used my BTC316E to rip the next two. After I had finished I rebooted my 'puter and every thing was fine. Made my two back-ups of each. Later around 5pm a guy I met at the video place called and asked if I had gotten XXX, because he had rented it and it wouldn’t play on his DVD player and could he borrow a copy for that evening because the video store where he rented it was out. I said sure come pick it up. While I was waiting on him I ran Nero Disc quality check on it, at about 1GB it had a pie spike of 6000 and pif of 1600, ( a bunch of pofs) another started at layer change and it locked up.
I tried it in my Sony DVD player and it froze up at about 36 min into the movie.

Therefore I would say the those disc had a Bunch of them with bad mastering errors.
Oh yeah the copy worked fine.

to copy this u will need AnyDVD to get past the new sony protection on the dvd and use DVD Derypter to rip in file mode to your computers harddrive

u need the latest version of anydvd 5.3.2.1 for this

after you do this test the files with either Windvd or PowerDVD to make sure all works, might be a good idea as well to burn to dvd-rw to make sure all works on your stand alone dvd player so not to waste a disc if it turns out to be a bad burn

now when u rip the dvds in file mode select all the files, now you might notice some of the files wont be highlighted as these r dummy files meant to confuse your program and give u a bad burn, dont worry if the files that r not highlighted dont get ripped , dvd will still work, u dont need those dummy files

hope this works for you as it did for me

I too had a problem making a backup copy of XXX stat of the union …later I found out the place where I get my movies from had a bad batch of DVDs … I took the DVD back for a 3rd time and exchanged it for another one because it was defective they both had a little hump on the play side at the edge of the DVD it looked like it was under the clear coat it may have been a piece of trash who knows. And finally I got a good one and made a backup copy with no problem using AnyDVD 5.3.2.1 and CloneDVD2 :bigsmile:

Ripped this one the other day with DVDdecrypter to HD DVD-9 and the file was of course over 8MB, then DVDshrink to shrink it to DVD-5, then DVDdecrypter to burn it on my DVD-R. Worked like a charm and the movie is a great movie!

Found these settings in another post either on this site or another DVD help site (can’t remember what site) so I could give the person credit but so glad I found it!! Hope it helps you too like it did me. The settings in DVDdecrypter is the answer and these settings will work on the Sony ARccOS protection, which is what you will find on this DVD.

Do The following:

Go to “Tools”, “Settings”, set everything to “Default”. Then in the “General” tab change, “Removal Method” from “Normal” to “Aggressive”, in “File Mode”, “tick” Remove IFO/BUP PUO’s." For ripping in the “ISO, Read Mode”, “tick” “Remove IFO/BUP PUO’s” there also. in the “CSS” tab, under “CSS Cracking Method”, choose “Brute Force ~> I/O Key Exchange” and “On Failure” choose “Yes”. . IMPORTANT: In the “I / O” tab, in the bottom right, “tick” the box which says, “Ignore read errors”. I had my retries set to 20, if I were doing it again I would set them to 2. That should reduce the rip time substantially.
After that use DVDShrink 3.2 and success.

Good Luck and let me know if it works for you too!

Thanks for the info. I actually was using an older version of AnyDVD, but have since updated to 5.3.2.1 and the world is once again a beautiful place.

Any downsides to 5.3.2.1?

I cant get past this with any dvd or clone I have the lastest versions as well

anydvd 5.4.1.1 & clonedvd 2.8.5.1 should back this up, if you don’t have these versions, try updating them and try again.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

Yes these are the 2 versions I have still cant do it get the message saying dirty disc byt its a new disc but still wont work

Please don’t cross post - as it has been stated that AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 work okay with this movie, it may be that your original disc is defective. Try scanning with CDSpeed - if it has errors take it back to the shop where you bought it and ask for a new disc (just say that it is skipping and freezing at points in the movie)

A new disc did it thanx worked ok :bow:

Hummmm!!! I’ve been burning my own dvd’s for a while now but never have to use AnyDVD or CloneDVD2 to watch xxx S.O.T.U. Only used the latest version of DVD Decrypter to rip to the hard drive and burn back to DVD R with nero. Played right to the end with no probs. Possibly because i had everything in Decrypter set to the max.

Uncleboby

I can confirm these versions work with XXX: State of the Union (USA). I did Movie only, no extras.

Am using DVD43 (dvd for free) followed by dvd shrink to copy XXX and made a perfect image which can be burnt with nero.