Xvid to VOB audio sync problems?

vbimport

I’ve posted a couple of threads a few weeks back and you guys really helped me out…thank you…maybe somebody can help me out again…

i converted a few xvid .avi files to VOB files so i could burn them on to a DVD-r to watch on my stand-alone player…but i get varying degress of audio sync errors…although i finally got the files to play on the stand-alone…the audio is at least a few seconds off…

on the original Xvid file, the audio is fine, and it’s in-sync throughout the file when played in wmp…

i used vso DivXtoDvD to convert to VOB, and the audio is out of sync on the VOB files…

GSpot says the original file is encoded with xvid, with a video bitrate of 836 kb/s, at 25 fps…

audio is listed as follows----> 0x0055(MP3) ID’d as MPEG-1 Layer 3 at 126 kb/s VBR…

what apps do u guys use to convert xvid to VOB? do i have to burn to VOB to get it to play on my stand-alone player?

what’s causing the audio to go out of sync during conversion? would using another app to convert help? is there a way to correct/timeshift (i don’t know if this is the right term to use) the audio track?

btw, just for information’s sake, i have Nero 6 Ultra, DVD lab pro, dvd decrypter and dvd shrink installed…

audio gone out of sync usually happens when you change the video fps. you can extract the audio with Virtualdub and encode it separately with a program such as besweet, then encode the video separately then mux the two together, I know this is a step by step proccess but this will give you more control and better results IMO

thanks tigerman8u…

i’ve been doing some reading and i think i saved a pretty lengthy step-by-step guide for encoding the audio and video seperately…

looks like i’m going to have to go this route…at least i’ll give it a try…

thnx for the reply dude…aprreciate it a lot…