Xvid to VOB audio sync problems?

vbimport

#1

I’ve posted a couple of threads a few weeks back and you guys really helped me out…thank you…maybe somebody can help me out again…

i converted a few xvid .avi files to VOB files so i could burn them on to a DVD-r to watch on my stand-alone player…but i get varying degress of audio sync errors…although i finally got the files to play on the stand-alone…the audio is at least a few seconds off…

on the original Xvid file, the audio is fine, and it’s in-sync throughout the file when played in wmp…

i used vso DivXtoDvD to convert to VOB, and the audio is out of sync on the VOB files…

GSpot says the original file is encoded with xvid, with a video bitrate of 836 kb/s, at 25 fps…

audio is listed as follows----> 0x0055(MP3) ID’d as MPEG-1 Layer 3 at 126 kb/s VBR…

what apps do u guys use to convert xvid to VOB? do i have to burn to VOB to get it to play on my stand-alone player?

what’s causing the audio to go out of sync during conversion? would using another app to convert help? is there a way to correct/timeshift (i don’t know if this is the right term to use) the audio track?

btw, just for information’s sake, i have Nero 6 Ultra, DVD lab pro, dvd decrypter and dvd shrink installed…


#2

audio gone out of sync usually happens when you change the video fps. you can extract the audio with Virtualdub and encode it separately with a program such as besweet, then encode the video separately then mux the two together, I know this is a step by step proccess but this will give you more control and better results IMO


#3

thanks tigerman8u…

i’ve been doing some reading and i think i saved a pretty lengthy step-by-step guide for encoding the audio and video seperately…

looks like i’m going to have to go this route…at least i’ll give it a try…

thnx for the reply dude…aprreciate it a lot…