Xvid to Dvd Question, confused, please help?

vbimport

I have a video which has a codec of Xvid according to GSpot. My dvd player is a really cheap kind that only plays certain types of dvd’s. I tried burning this video using Convert X to Dvd, when It was sucesfully completed I put the dvd in the player and the video worked, however after a certain point the video just stopped and the screen looked as if it is paused when I pressed menu the video went back to the beginning. My question is, What is the purpose for all this happening? What software, which contains both converting and burning anything to dvd is available that might be a solution? please help me I am tired of wasting blank dvd’s f my personal recordings. p.s- What is the difference between having a video and converting he video to dvd creating folders with .vob files and just put the blank dvd in the computer just clicking convert and eventually after the conversion is over the actual burning process starts? if this is confusing, please bear with me. Please and Thanks.!

WHat kind of Media are you using to record to?
Try viewing it with VLC to see if it plays OK…
Can you try it in a different player to see if it will play through ?

dude on my computer and video file will work, I have codec’s for every format. Converting and Burning it on to dvd and making it play is my main concern. Also, what is the answer to the question about, What’s the difference between burning a video directly like only one click like programs like Nero, and using a program like convert X to Dvd and converting the video file to .vob or dvd and then using another program and writing it on a dvd like ImgBurn? Isn’t these two methods the same? like eventually the codec with Xvid will be in Dvd anyway. Plz Help Thanks

Djfry10

ConvertXtoDVD should have worked ok for this type of conversion. What speed did you write the disk at, and what type of dvds are you using? Use DVDIdentifier or Nero CD/DVD Speed to find the manufacturer id code (mid code). You may have poor media, or just a bad burn.

If you want to try a different program to convert xvid to dvd, you should look at DVDFlick, FAVC or AVStoDVD. Any of those should work if the original xvid file is not corrupted in some manner.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2172005]ConvertXtoDVD should have worked ok for this type of conversion. What speed did you write the disk at, and what type of dvds are you using? Use DVDIdentifier or Nero CD/DVD Speed to find the manufacturer id code (mid code). You may have poor media, or just a bad burn…[/QUOTE]

I would tend to agree. This type of problem is nearly always down to poor media or too high a burn speed.

I’ve also used ConvertXtoDVD for quite some time now, occasionally experiencing the same playback pausing problems - which were all down to poor media in my case. :wink:

I have Maxell or Maxwell however it is spelled type of DVD’s.

Try some 16x Verbatim. Burn at 8 or 12x. Without knowing your specific burner, they are the safest/most widely available choice for a recommendation.

If your burner is more than a few years old, maybe find some 8x Taiyo Yuden online at shops like rima.com

Whenever I bun a dvd I always put the write speed to 2x , I am thinking now that maybe their is something wrong with the file. Is their any program where I can actually check to see if their is something wrong with the video file?