XviD and sound

Edited by David

I have a perfectly legal and copyright-free movie which I can’t get sound for. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Finished.

ps : XviD roxxxxx !

thanx,

Andros

your “copyright-free/home-made”-movie is probably with ac3 sound, therefore you need ac3 filters (wow! should i get a nobel for this?): search (not that hard…) on doom9.org, and you’ll get a valid key to watch your coughilcoughLEGAL movie with sound.
:bigsmile:

and if installing ac3 codec’s dont work its probably OGG Vorbis.
just search google to find it, its open source!:slight_smile:

and lets not be too hard on him, more and more websites are encoding their videos using divx and mp3/ogg.

Originally posted by Smoker
and lets not be too hard on him, more and more websites are encoding their videos using divx and mp3/ogg.
don’t u see that his post has been edited? i don’t even want to know what was written there before :bigsmile:

Most Xvid avi’s I have seen are encoded with AC3 2 or 5.1 AC3 sound. Very few have MP3.

anime Xvid encoded is MP3 :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

just install the ac3 codec from the nemo codec pack, you can find it here: http://www.btinternet.com/~nimosiro/

thanx to everyone for helping me out here :slight_smile:

i installed the AC3-codec and without rebooting (i run winxp pro) the sound immediately could be heard and boy does it sound grrrreat!

thanx to you all.

happy NewYear !!!

may 2003 fulfill all your (good) wishes !!!

Andros