Xsu1 (40125s)

Is it possible FROM FIRMWARE FILE ----->>> FILE EDIT reduce speed from 40x to 32x???

What? Why do you want to reduce the speed?

Crash at 40x, not at 32x…

OK, you can say “reduce speed to 32x with software…” but I would know if there is a way that software show all speed WITHOUT 40x (from 4 to 32, with firmware editing, of course)!

Only “cosmetic” change!

just a question…does the 32123@40125 work when burning at 4x? just curious because the lower limit with actual 32123 firmware is 8x.

What software are you using? 'cause you don’t really have to flash the writer to reduce speed since you can indicate what you speed you want in CloneCD, Nero, and a number of other software.

BTW, is your original drive a 40125S, or did you flash it to 40x from a 32x? You might want to flash it again to make sure it was done correctly. It happens you know.

And what media? bad media makes bad burns even for good writers you know.

Originally posted by BadReligionPR
just a question…does the 32123@40125 work when burning at 4x? just curious because the lower limit with actual 32123 firmware is 8x.

The later 32123S firmwares enabled 4x as well, so there should be no problem.

What software are you using? 'cause you don’t really have to flash the writer to reduce speed since you can indicate what you speed you want in CloneCD, Nero, and a number of other software.

Yes I know, of course!

I would only know if there is a way that software show all speed WITHOUT 40x (from 4 to 32, with firmware editing, of course)!
How can I edit the firmware? I can change the name of CD with a hex editor in bin file, but…where is speed?