Xpsp2 clean install - what is needed to see contents of bluray movie disc?

vbimport

what i would like to know is the following:

on a clean xpsp2 install what do i need to be able to see the disc contents of a bluray movie disc ? i’d prefer a one file/program/driver solution, the smaller the better.

i know if i install powerdvd and a dozen other software codecs and shit one of them lets me see the disc contents. i’d like to know if there is a driver or such without having to install big programs and all that.

make sense ?

thanks,

[quote=Image Man;2017086]what i would like to know is the following:

on a clean xpsp2 install what do i need to be able to see the disc contents of a bluray movie disc ? i’d prefer a one file/program/driver solution, the smaller the better.

i know if i install powerdvd and a dozen other software codecs and shit one of them lets me see the disc contents. i’d like to know if there is a driver or such without having to install big programs and all that.

make sense ?

thanks,[/quote]
Image Man,

You need UDF 2.5 driver to be installed on XP PC. Look at my post here and download that zip file.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=13335026#post13335026

udf Reader v2.5.zip (40 KB)

where’s the official site for those drivers ? if nothing else that link requires membership…

thanks for your re-edit… got them…

[quote=Image Man;2017099]where’s the official site for those drivers ? if nothing else that link requires membership…

thanks for your re-edit… got them…[/quote]
you are welcome.

I didn’t do it. Mod probably attached that zip to my post here.

well it works… :wink:

is every bluray disc volume label called [B]LOGICAL_VOLUME_ID[/B] or just where the publisher can’t be bothered giving it a name ? i ask because so far, all my bluray movies use that name. wtf ?? shouldn’t they be named after the movie, as are [I]most[/I] dvd discs ?

and btw i was actually using sp3, you would think the idiots would have implemented udf 2.5 into that… microsoft will be microsoft…

[quote=Image Man;2017124]is every bluray disc volume label called [B]LOGICAL_VOLUME_ID[/B] or [/quote]As far as I know, yes. It is an UDF Volume label.

so what ?? bluray discs can not have custom volume labels ??

hmm, just checked some of my blu-ray titles, mixed labels, for example:

Pirates of the Carribean at World Ends = PIRATES3
Planet Earth = BDROM
Final Fantasy Sprities within = LOGICAL_VOLUME_ID

My Dirty Dancing Blu-ray shows - DIRTYDANCING