XPBURN component

Hi frnds,
Can anyone tell me where will i find XPBURN component. I m in urgent need of it.
Pls Pls

Jack

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vcsharp/Aa336741.aspx
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=xp+burn+component&spell=1

I am using XPburn component to make a customized burner of my own. But I am having problem at the first step.

I wrote

[B]try

{

XPBurnCD burninst = new XPBurnCD();

}

catch (XPBurnException ex)

{

MessageBox.Show(ex.ToString());

}[/B] 

I am having DVD writer but it is not being able to detect it. It gives the following error everytime.

XPBurn.XPBurnException: No XP compatible CDR (which supports afData) on this system

at XPBurn.XPBurnCD.EnumerateDiscRecorders()

at XPBurn.XPBurnCD…ctor()

at BurnerusingXPBurn.Form1…ctor() in D:\MSVSProjects\BurnerusingXPBurn\BurnerusingXPBurn\Form1.cs:line 23

Can anyone suggest a way out of this? Is this XPBurn only for CD Drives and not for DVD Drives??

Are you using Windows XP or 2003?

I am using Windows XP with SP2.

[QUOTE=thecodefreak;1952922]Can anyone suggest a way out of this? Is this XPBurn only for CD Drives and not for DVD Drives??[/QUOTE]From looking at LOCOENG’s post the link only mentioned CDR/W. Taken from the source:

The XP Burn Component allows your .NET applications to [B]burn files to CDR/W[/B] discs on a Window XP or Windows 2003 Server system.

So i guess it’s CD’s only :confused: i have no idea.

I really have no idea either. All the references I could find were for CDR/W, but you can burn these discs in a DVD Burner.

Can anyone suggest a way out of this? Is this XPBurn only for CD Drives and not for DVD Drives??

I’m guessing there is no support of DVD drives though…do you have a old CD drive you could test this out with?

Thanks guys. Its now pretty confirmed that XPBurn is for CDR/W. I need to get a CD Writer for testing my application now:bow:. Thanks for your suggestions.

I have used XP burn successfully on vista with a Matshita DVD - Ram burner. I am guessing that you are just unlucky that the component doesn’t detect your drive. Even Nero has this problem occassionally as some newer drives are not detected with older versions of Nero.