Xp problems with nd2500a

vbimport

Hi there, after I installed the nec nd-2500a I often get a system shutdown during or after I burn, I get a blue screen and it says windows had to shutdown because to prevent any further damage.
This now has occured like 4 times and 3 times it went good.

Assuming a BSOD (black/blue screen of death), what information are you given for the faulting module, and what is the error (for example, STOP 0x7F)? If you didn’t note anything down, go into the Event Log Viewer (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Log Viewer), view the System log and look for events from “Save Dump”.

Without that information we’re really only able to guess.

David

De computer is opnieuw gestart na een foutencontrole. Foutencontrole: 0x1000007e (0xc0000005, 0xf5a9f861, 0xf7ae08bc, 0xf7ae05bc). Er is een dump opgeslagen in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini031704-01.dmp.

translation: Your pc has been rebooted after a errorcontrole
errorcontrole: 0x1000007e (0xc0000005, 0xf5a9f861, 0xf7ae08bc, 0xf7ae05bc). A dump has been saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini031704-01.dmp.

That’s often a hardware issue, bad RAM is possible, driver conflicts are also possible. Deffinitely not the burner.
Get Memtest86 and run it over night to check your RAM.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
That’s often a hardware issue, bad RAM is possible, driver conflicts are also possible. Deffinitely not the burner.
Get Memtest86 and run it over night to check your RAM.

i got these blue screens after i installed the burner, and before that i hardly had em

I also get blue screens randomly when using nero or updating the firmware. I never had them before I installed the drive. I cant tell if its a hardware or software issue :frowning: