Xp no loger recognizes drive as dvd (Optiarc AD-7170A)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Optiarc AD-7170A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Help please
since reinstalling xp which I dual boot with ubuntu the dvd/cd drive is only recognised as cd in xp, the drive still plays dvd’s but I am not able to use blank dvd’s for copying anything, or dvd’s that I already have files on I cannot access. This sitution is not the same in ubuntu everything works fine
hope this post is in the right place
thanks in anticipation

[QUOTE=owdlad;2094790][qanda]This thread is about the Optiarc AD-7170A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Help please
since reinstalling xp which I dual boot with ubuntu the dvd/cd drive is only recognised as cd in xp, the drive still plays dvd’s [B]but I am not able to use blank dvd’s for copying anything[/B], or dvd’s that I already have files on I cannot access. This sitution is not the same in ubuntu everything works fine
hope this post is in the right place
thanks in anticipation[/QUOTE]

What exactly do you mean by that?

Thanks
In XP I cannot use a dvd rw to copy files to, and the reverse I cannot use a dvd rw to copy files to the pc, I have a dual boot setup xp with ubuntu and I have no problems in ubuntu the drive is recognised as a cd/dvd drive in XP however the drive is only recognised as cd
hope this means something to you

Hi and Welcome!

Windows XP can’t handle blank DVD media. You need CD/DVD burning software to burn data onto a blank DVD disc.

Michael

Thanks for that info
I had thought (now it seems wrongly) that I could have used a dvd rw to transfer data between pc’s and for storage of data as an alternative to cd’s
thanks very much