XP Minimal-Requirement-Test

http://www.winhistory.de/more/386/xpmini_eng.htm :eek::eek::eek:

Reminds me of the time I installed Windows 95 on an Intel 80386SX (not DX) 16MHz pc with 4 MB of memory and no CD-ROM drive (only using floppies). :doh:

[quote=DrageMester;2204544] (only using floppies). :doh:[/quote]That reminds me of a workmate who bought a computer with Win95 preloaded. The vendor was a cheapstake, so there were no installation media.
Like with modern computers, there was a “backup” application installed which then created [I]one [/I]set of installation floppies :eek:

An interesting experiment.

If I remember correctly Microsoft’s official minimum requirements for XP Pro were 256MB & a 350MHz Pentium II. But you can have a usable machine below these requirements. I have run XP Pro on a 10 year old laptop for a while (early Intel Celeron, 96MB Ram and a dead slow 4.7GB HDD) and it has been rock solid. It was even perfectly usable for some rather demanding tasks such as mapping in CorelDRAW 12 using multiple layers of a 65MB bitmap and basic editing of audio files up to 1GB in Cool Edit. With XP it doesn’t feel noticably slower than Win 98, and it is a lot more reliable.