XP Drivers for Compaq Presario CQ60-212EM Notebook

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the HP Compaq Presario CQ60-212EM Notebook PC. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]I have downgraded my Presario CQ60-212EM Notebook to XP for gaming and general performance purposes. Compaq do not have any XP drivers for this product. I managed to get my Video driver from NVIDIA directly but i am missing drivers for everything else, including sound. where can i get these drivers from? Thanks for your help.

Btw, the drivers i need are for the “coprocessor”, Ethernet controller, PCI device and the SM Bus Controller aswell as the sound driver.

Use vendor id and device id to identify model (use Google)
//Danne

Thanks for the quick reply. where would i find the information you suggest? and what would i do with it. sorry to sound like a noob but im going blind here. cheers

oh yeah, i have google searched for every serial number on my notebook but still cant find xp drivers. tried everything within my knowledge even if it is limited.

Device Manager --> Details --> Device Instance Id
VEN_10EC&DEV_8139 would (as an example) translate into Realtek RTL8139 NIC
//Danne

thankyou mate, your a star. The Swedish are gods among men and i salute you lol.

ok. got all the drivers i need apart from the coprocessor and smbus ones. i googled the vendor id and device instance id and still cant get anywhere. i even downloaded a driver detective but it just comes back as unknown coprocessor and smbus. any help will be appreciated.

What vendor code does SMBUS give you?
//Danne

ok, ID for SMbus is: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0752&SUBSYS_360A103C&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&0&09

The ID for the coprocessor is: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0752&SUBSYS_360A103C&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&0&0B

ok i solved it. I went to the nvidia site and downloaded the latest nForce driver. It had the SMbus and Coprocessor driver aswell as the sata and raid drivers. Thanx for all your help. :slight_smile: