vbimport

Hi all, I’m new around here, so please don’t flame me for being an idiot :wink:

Setup:
Windows XP Pro Box with
-NEC ND1100-a
-Liteon LTR 52246S

Windiws XP Pro Laptop with
-Toshiba SD-R2512

I can’t seem to get any bloody burning program to recognize these drives as burners and/or burn with them. For example, Roxio 6 tells me they are in use by (NULL) and have no speed settings. Nero tells me they are fine, but then aborts at the beginning of every burn. I can’t even burn with the built in windows Roxio crap. However this wasn’t always the case, I used to be able to burn DVDs and CDs just fine, but a long while back I lost this ability. Maybe it was SP1…who knows? I am just trying to figure out what the hell is going on with my burners, and have been for some time now. Any suggestions?

Nobody has any suggestions…? >.<

I had the same problem with XP burner. One day it stopped working and I tried updateing it and it got worse. I downloaded “Express Burn” and changed my burn speed down to 16x and it works most of the time. I hope this helps.
Ed

@ lueger,

Welcome to the Forum.

Perchance are you aware that you are responding to ‘dead’ posting that is almost 5 years old?

Also it should be noted that there is No DVD Media that is Certified to burn faster than 16x speed?

Regards,
bjkg