XJ-HD166S DVD-ROM Speed-Limit-Removed Firmware (The Dangerous Brothers)

vbimport

LITEON JLMS XJ-HD166S

This speed patch beta is based on firmware DS1C, testing is pending. Please report if this is successful. The patch should allow 14X reading of -R, -RW, +R and +RW media

Edit by Code65536:

I have repatched the 166S DS1C firmware to address issues with the TDB release. A detailed log of everything that was changed can be found in the readme in the package.
Re-patch release: http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html
TDB’s original release: http://tdb.rpc1.org/#HD166S

======================================

This Release has been worked on by me and Brother Vlad,

it has the following features,

DVD-R
DVD+R
DVD+R Booktype :DVD-ROM
DVD+RW
DVD-RW

Speeds are Starting from 6x Finishing at 14x

your standard 4.3gig dvdr/dvd+r/dvdrw/dvd+rw will be ripped to hdd in no less than 5 half minutes Flat.

=======================================

Still being worked on is DVDRAM and DVD Duel Layer Pressed Media. for the time being we have released to the public so we can get feedback on what they think of the optimizations and speed.

please post your Nero DVD speed Scans.

ALSO POSTED HERE :http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?p=107567#107567

UPDATE GUYS : 30th april 2004.

LITEON JLMS XJ-HD166S
This RPC1 and speed patch beta is based on firmware DS1C. The patches should allow 12X or 14X reading of -R, -RW, +R and +RW media, and the package also includes RPC1 versions.

we have added a 12x maximum version for your pleasure
this will rule out errors on crap media and give you better readability up to 12x maximum rather than 8x maximum.

also both firmware`s have been patched for RPC1 Region Free Enabled for your pleasure :slight_smile:

hope this helps.

Here is a Picture of speed graph from DVD-R and DVD+R Booktyped to DVDROM

this is what i want you guys to be seeing in your graphs.
so please post your results on diffrent kinds of media ect…

cheers.

is happy to see that TDB is spreading their expertise to the LiteOn community :slight_smile:

Well done! Works perfectly :cool: :iagree:

Originally posted by Crockett
Well done! Works perfectly :cool: :iagree:

any chance of you posting nero speed graphs for any media you have ?

we are looking for consistency between the diffrent brands and media`s

cheers.

Here’s a scan of a RICOHJPNR01 4X DVD+R burned at 8X with ND2500A 107 beta 7, booktyped -ROM.

Anybody have pictures about your hardware…

Is the sony ddu 1612 hardware the same from liteon ltd 166s ones??

I need this data…

Thankss

Yes, the Sony DDU1612 (which I have) is the same as the LiteOn 166S. Use FlashFix for the transformation, make sure you select the right drive to flash if you have other optical drives in your computer.

Here’s a scan of a Ritek G04 Grade A DVD-R 4X burned at 4X with LDW411S FS0F.

@BioWesker

Should work on your Sony. See the link to the rpc1.org forum page that was in the first post. The same question was answered there.

*edit: guess KTL answered your question while I was still typing my response :wink:

I need see the hardware, if this is the same, i can realize modification that i need…

PD: Sorry by my bad english

Thanks

Originally posted by BioWesker
[B]I need see the hardware, if this is the same, i can realize modification that i need…

PD: Sorry by my bad english

Thanks [/B]

Isn’t that what KTL and I just said? The hardware is the same. You can use this firmware on it if you want.

BioWesker, code65536 and I (and others) have confirmed that it IS the same drive. Here is a scan from the original DDU1612 with DYS3 firmware of another source.

Thanks to all

when you say the sany ddu-1612 is a lite-on 166s, does that mean when you hook up your sony it will show up in your bios as a lite-on? Or does that mean you can flash your sony with the lite-on firmware?

Originally posted by raulinigo
when you say the sany ddu-1612 is a lite-on 166s, does that mean when you hook up your sony it will show up in your bios as a lite-on? Or does that mean you can flash your sony with the lite-on firmware?

It’ll show up as Sony in the BIOS. But you can flash it to a Litey.

Talk about a soon to be release and I didn’t know you were going to release it this soon. Great job ViRuS2k!! :slight_smile:

Here is a scan done with a Verbatim MCC003 8x DVD+R burned at 8x using NEC ND-2500a (1.07b8)

Here’s another scan of Ritek G04 4x DVD-R burned at 4x w/NEC ND-2500a (1.07b8)

GREAT , BUT I AM USING 165H
:frowning:

I know its a bit older but… is there any chance of a patch for the 165:bow: :bow: :bow: ?:iagree: