XIII Protection

vbimport

yes i have picked up the game last night…do not care about playing it yet…just want to back it up…it is 4 discs and Disc 4 is the play disc…the game will not start from any other disc…however, Disc 4 does not have SD .tmp files on it nor is there SecuRom’s physical characteristics…i went ahead and backedup Disc4 using bW5 no autoplay just Subcodes P-W and game does not run…

i do notice this printed on each disc…DARGAUD…if that helps out

Dargaud is the creator of the XIII comic! No copy protection! :smiley:
http://www.dargaud.com/

cu SnC

There is definitely some sort of protection on this game as I got my copy today. The play disc here is disc 2, and all plays fine, but if you put in a copy of disc 2 the game crashes with an error saying cd copy when you get into the game properly. Put the original back in and it plays fine again :slight_smile:

Neither Yates nor clony could detect any protections on the disc.

Maybe it’s a new version of Tages… a really nasty protection. Hard to crack and impossible to copy! Fine that I’ve bought the original game… :slight_smile:

cu SnC

TÀGES not imposible to copy, just already impossible to users that does not have any idea of what they are trying to burn.
Just is needed to read backwards some positions at the CD to get good subcodes. Special tools are required.

Good luck!

Originally posted by Morglum007
[B]TÀGES not imposible to copy, just already impossible to users that does not have any idea of what they are trying to burn.
Just is needed to read backwards some positions at the CD to get good subcodes. Special tools are required.

Good luck! [/B]

Is it personal experience?

Yes.

curious Morglum007

could you share what tools you have used to read backwards ? i have read alot of info out there and never did find that tool .

Gio

yep its Tages …i have a friend in Nebraska that purchased the game and it is giving him problems…!!!

//edit//

I’m sure your friend purchased it eh ?

//end of edit//

Originally posted by giovanni42104
[B]curious Morglum007

could you share what tools you have used to read backwards ? i have read alot of info out there and never did find that tool .

Gio [/B]
The tool is mentioned in the Advanced Forum.

It’s a powerfull tool, but very picky to use. The system may hang a lot of times. As stated FutureProof, this tool had been mentioned on the advanced foum, but it is not the only place to hear something about. There is some “personal” tools quite unstable to general use, just use google.
Russian guys are quite advanced in this.
The problem with TÀGEs is to READ not to write.
Now, this tool might have another uses, because i think starforce check points can be accurate detected by this way.
I am on it, and i think i found that check points.
Maybe R!co can confirm this, because some .bwa shows something unusual. Made with differents tools and readers shows common points at certain postin. Maybe this backwards tool can help a bit.

Good luck!

Originally posted by Morglum007
The problem with TÀGEs is to READ not to write.
Good luck!

Maybe you test your tool on a CD which was manufactured in october 2001. Which is, as someone has alreary stated on this site, a very long time in IT…

The tool doesn’t work with the new Tages protection!

cu SnC

I have only tested that on Motoracer 3. There is no more TÃ ges protected games here in spain. I used that learning from one guy from that forum that i do not remember.
I think Robocop game have TÃ ges too, but couldn’t fine to test.
If found, then will test.

Good luck!

>Morglum007 - It’s a powerfull tool, but very picky to use.

Id like to try it out, i have a retail game that is rumored to be protected with TAGES, could you post me a link to where i can get that tool plz.

i forgot that. It is a linux tool for AUDIO CDs.
Maybe some AUDIO rippers could give u the choice to extract with certain success.

Good luck!

Hi everybody!

Well, I’m trying to backup my XIII game and i get lots of problems i tried everything, read & write at low speed (i mean 1x) read at low and write at higher speed (2x 4x 8x & 24x) but nothing really runs fine.
With all copies I can run the game and play some minutes…but at the second scene it takes me out to the win screen… with a funny message (see attach.) think this is one of the new TAGÈS protected games here in Spain (just with motoracer 3)
I’m i wrong or is it another of the lost protections of the east forgotten side of the planet imported to us like Starforce and things like that?

Well i mean how can I copy it really?

SaLuDoS!

Hola Morglum tengo problemas pa entrar en copiasdeseguridad y por eso me lo he buscao aqui… a propósito el parche de este juego va de coña pero me molaria copiarlo guai… tu ya mentiendes…nos vemos!!

Hello :smiley:

OK … let me think …
Anybody know how do that backup (XIII)?

It’s so wired. Shit, shit, shit … tages :frowning:

Didn’t the makers of CloneCD crack TAGES ages ago?

Originally posted by highstuff
[B]what are you problems dudes just grab an c r a c k from ******.com and start burning :slight_smile: who cares if its 1:1 or not 1:1 ,i don’t give a shit about that as long as it works :slight_smile: :bigsmile:

for Beyond good & evil is an c r a c k out also :slight_smile: [/B]

Some users should read the rulez :cop: