XIII Protection?

I was looking to pick up XIII to tide me over till Deus Ex 2 arrives (Dec. 2nd if it don’t get postponed like the others I was waiting for).

Read around, I haven’t read much about the copy protection and if anyone has had success making a backup. Someone somewhere thought it was something called “TAGES”, whatever that is.

It’d be nice to be able to back it up. I hate playing with originals but it’ll only be till the new Deus Ex is out :slight_smile:

Anyone have any more info on this Comic book style shooter ?

Yes, it’s really Tages protection.Lammy cracker didn’t find it!

isnt TAges just a exe hack protecter? its prolly something else…have you tried clonyxxl?

if uncertain like i was with dungeonsiege loa just use nero or some program like it to do a raw96 copy of it to see if it works…ive been seeing alot of titles with little or no protection on the disks lately and just encoding of the exe to protect it from hackers who are really the problem.

Originally posted by ForumLamer
… no one seems to be able to crack this protection, i hate having to take CD’s out and put them back in its retarded

Noone is trying to crack it here, only copy it.

You could try loading the image into a virtual drive. This would get away from the need to use the CD.

Originally posted by Womble
[B]Noone is trying to crack it here, only copy it.

You could try loading the image into a virtual drive. This would get away from the need to use the CD. [/B]

isnt Tages just a exe encryptor just like pex! is? i dont have this title so i cant tell you how to backit up (not crack it).

A link to what tages is…

http://www.tagesprotection.com/

Thing is you can protect any file you like, not just an exe making it very hard if not impossible to copy…

looks nasty…:frowning:

thing is if they make it too secure alot of readers will have problems reading the originals which alot of software companies dont want because of the headache/overhead of techsupport. i beleive thats why they backed down a bit on safedisk which is why sd 3.1 is easier to copy than 2.9.