Xbox360.wmv.wma.10 fails

Ok, so I’ve tried 3 times now to convert a .mks file with dts 5.1 encoding using the Xbox360.wmv.wma.10 settings (1920x800, 1 & 2 pass, 192kbs/5.1 multichannel, fixed rate-5000 kbps) and it fails each time leaving a 5gb file that plays seemily ok but not complete. Original is 13gb.

First time it just hung and I cancelled it, the other 2 times it crashed with a DVDFab error report.

Has ANYONE been able to convery a mkv using this setting? It never seemed to work with VideoFab either (but honestly didn’t try many times due to the lack of 5.1 sound available to wmv format).

I’m holding off on the lifetime license until this actually works because it’s the #1 feature I’m looking for (with #2 being DVD --> wmv/divx) as I’m ripping all my movies to a homeserver.

System:
Windows Vista x64
Intel Quadcore 9600
4gb ram
Asus P5kC MB
Windows Media Player v11.0.6001.7000 installed

hi,

Ok, so I’ve tried 3 times now to convert a .mks file with dts 5.1 encoding using the Xbox360.wmv.wma.10 settings (1920x800, 1 & 2 pass, 192kbs/5.1 multichannel, fixed rate-5000 kbps) and it fails each time leaving a 5gb file that plays seemily ok but not complete. Original is 13gb.

I will try to test more mkv files, thanks.

but honestly didn’t try many times due to the lack of 5.1 sound available to wmv format

wmv format provide 5.1 surround output, you must select profile “xbox360.wmv.wma10”, and this profile provide wma 5.1 channels output option, please check this.

thanks

Any luck?

And when I talked about the lack of 5.1 sound, I was talking about VideoFab v5 which didn’t have wma10 yet.

Version 5 is no longer updated so you will have to go to version 6

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2280736]Version 5 is no longer updated so you will have to go to version 6[/QUOTE]

Just to add to my good friends reply, also make sure you request for the V6 reg key because the V5 key will not activate the program/options :wink:

Aaak, I should have been more specific, sorry. I AM using v6 (it’s the first version that included Xbox360.wmv.wma.10 profile).

So. Nothing? This product still does not work for me. It will not convert MKV to WMV and crashes half the time ripping DVD to WMV :frowning:

I’m having the same issue. At least with version 6. Version 5 worked fine, but then there is no 5.1 sound, so not worth it.

Looks like Version 6 is a bust. Can anyone get this to work on version 6?

So really. nothing. notta. zip?

So why does this software list MKV as a file format? If it doesn’t support it, then just say so!

hi, JamzTheMan

Sorry for the problem boring you, some refactory of wmv/wma is at working now, so I want to sure the problem

1.first of your problem is some mkv source will crash in convert ? just crash in convert to wmv or other format ?

2.can you get wma10 profile working normal ?

1. can you get 5.1 channels wma output by using wma10 profile ?

could you give me some information about this ? which help me to fix and improve the code in this refactory .

Thanks again.

[QUOTE=Ting;2294625]hi, JamzTheMan

Sorry for the problem boring you, some refactory of wmv/wma is at working now, so I want to sure the problem

1.first of your problem is some mkv source will crash in convert ? just crash in convert to wmv or other format ?

2.can you get wma10 profile working normal ?

1. can you get 5.1 channels wma output by using wma10 profile ?

could you give me some information about this ? which help me to fix and improve the code in this refactory .

Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply!

1. Yes, it seems to only crash when converting to WMV format from a base MKV with DTS or AC3 encoding. It usually crashes with the “send error report” page which I always send, so you should have a few of those on your end.

2. I’ve ripped a copy of DVD’s to wma10 as a test and that worked ok. I usually don’t bother with wmv in though for DVD rips as xvid audiocopy gets me a 5.1 source since the xbox support ac3 which is always on a dvd.

3. Yes, in the few DVD’s that I did rip, I got a good copy 5.1 sound.

I haven’t tried converting any other avi’s or such to wmv, as generally, the only files I have that won’t play on the xbox are MKV’s.

If you have some test files you would like me to convert, I’d be more than happy to do some beta testing for you. Or list exactly what sort of file you want me to convert as a test and I can see what I can find. If you could get mkv --> to wmv/wma10 to work, this product rock!