Xbox360 not recognising discs

vbimport

ok, I’ve been doing avi to dvd converting and burning for about 2 years now, using programs like Nero vision, ConvertXtoDVD etc… never any problems. I have always used my xbox 360 for playback and have not had any problems untill recently. Nero and convertx are producing coasters for the 360, that will playback on a standalone dvd player. I tried out smaller programs like ImTOO DVD creator and it ran fine on my 360 but i am just not happy with the quality. any help would be greatly appreciated

am going to try switching video options in Nero to fast encoding
( 1-pass VBR ) see if that makes any differnce, but im am noticing that nero is taking double the time it usually took to transcode… 2-pass took 5 1/2 hr today… wierd

What brand of dvd’s are you using?

using Maxell DVD+R

would that make the difference between my 360 saying unplayable and a standalone reading it fine?

Yes, it can. Not all players will read all media (even though they should, but that’s a different topic). Try using a differnt brand/type of media.

[QUOTE=Soulshark;2003534]using Maxell DVD+R

would that make the difference between my 360 saying unplayable and a standalone reading it fine?[/QUOTE]

Look into getting some Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. DVD Media of other brands can vary greatly, in quality and readability.

Well, the main problem is that Xbox is not really “fond of” +R media, at least some won’t ever be playable on it.

Try a good quality -R medium.

thanks for the tips guys, i’ll try that,

on another note i went back to using winavi + IMGburn and they are reading on 360, but I still would like to know what the issue is, will pick up some new brands of -R and try those out , thanks again