Xbox360 DL media as a test media

Hello.

I am new to this forum, And hope I am posting at the proper category. :flower:
I wanted to add my CD/DVD info test results at the proper page, But my DVD was stuck in the 51% area of the reading test at 0.02 reading speed for few minutes, So i’ve stopped it manually.
The media I used to test it is HP DVD+R DL which is in fact : DVD+R DL CMC D01 media.
I burned a backup Xbox 360 game on this media at 2.4 speed (I chose X1 speed at clonecd, But it actually burned about 8gb in 44 minutes.
I am using Pioneer DVR-212D original firmware . 1.24
Is this phenomena might be caused by the fact of the content of the DVD ? Isn’t the 51% mark is the place where the 2nd layer starts ?

I would appericiate comments on this.

Thank you

[QUOTE=fish72;2044452]Hello.

I am new to this forum, And hope I am posting at the proper category. :flower:
I wanted to add my CD/DVD info test results at the proper page, But my DVD was stuck in the 51% area of the reading test at 0.02 reading speed for few minutes, So i’ve stopped it manually.
The media I used to test it is HP DVD+R DL which is in fact : [B]DVD+R DL CMC D01[/B] media.
[B]I burned a backup Xbox 360 game on this media at 2.4 speed (I chose X1 speed at clonecd[/B], But it actually burned about 8gb in 44 minutes.
I am using Pioneer DVR-212D original firmware . 1.24
Is this phenomena might be caused by the fact of the content of the DVD ? Isn’t the 51% mark is the place where the 2nd layer starts ?

I would appericiate comments on this.

Thank you[/QUOTE]

That is crappy DL media, and no one can burn DVD+ media at 1x because 2.4x is the SLOWEST possible speed!
Pioneer drives are not useful for Qscans!
Make a TRT.

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

I am not going to replace my pioneer drive for this purpose, But i sure will get the HP DVD disc back to the shop and order some verbatim.
The thing is that I live in israel, And most of the brands are s!#@ty.
There is a DL verbatim 10 pack cake media, But i think it doesn’t have the AZO technology built in them, So I am a bit stuck regarding what media should I buy for backing up my games…

[QUOTE=fish72;2044682]Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

I am not going to replace my pioneer drive for this purpose, But i sure will get the HP DVD disc back to the shop and order some verbatim.
The thing is that I live in israel, And most of the brands are s!#@ty.
There is a DL verbatim 10 pack cake media, But i think it doesn’t have the AZO technology built in them, So I am a bit stuck regarding what media should I buy for backing up my games…[/QUOTE]
Verbatim dual layers should be azo.