Xbox problem

vbimport

Here is the deal

I am trying to mod a friends xbox so they can give it to there kids for christmas and they brought me the xbit 1.5 and the xbox.

I have had nothing but trouble cant even flash the bios. I know i installed right. this is no t my first time this is how i have mine done just not the1.5 version mine is the 1.0. I have been trying to look at xbox-scene,xboxstation, and afterdawns’s website and find others with this problem but no one ever replies and it is always the same thing

I have even read were someone was asking wheater these chips are fake. Is this true??

Can some one give me some help on what i need to do. Or guide me to the right direction.

I have sent a message to the place i got the chip and still waiting on a reply

Any help please

Did your friend buy the xbox recently? And did you install it by the solderless method? If both these answers are yes then thats your problem. This modchip works with all xboxes but if its a v1.6 xbox then it won’t work by the solderless method, you would need to buy a v1.6 adapter to do this.

I just looked and i belive it is a version1.2-1.5 thus have two rows on the power supply wire…i did a google and this is what it said to look for to see if iy was 1 of the three versions

I do know that he got the xbox at a pawn shop used so it couldnt be that new

I also just got back from my friends house and flashed the bios(M8)using his computer with no errors at all.

When i was using my computer i would always get an error

But now that i have the M8 bios on it i get an error #5 saying i need to lock the hard drive…

What is the easiest way to do this

thanks for the help
rfjr23

the reason it didn’t flash with your pc is that the xbit modchip has problems with certain motherboard configuration in windows xp and doesn’t always flash. The only things i can think of are to make sure that the external switches are set to the right bank, the m8 is 1mb i think. Also make sure that the xD0 point on the chip is properly aligned to the motherboard, this causes a lot of problems. Have you been using the v1.5 software, alot of people find that it doesn’t flash properly when they use this and they instead use v1.0, just wondering if you had done this. As for the hdd needing locked, i’ve never heard of this problem happening with modchips, i even checked on google but could find nothing. If you want a tutorial to lock your xbox look here

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/no-modchip-hdd-swap.php

i know that it deals with changing xbox hdd’s but i think if you look half way through it tells you how to lock the hdd again (in this tutorial you have to give it a new hdd number and then lock it). Hope this helps, i’ll keep looking to see if i can find anybody else in the same situation.

I have tried using the V1 flash tool on my pc (I have 2 one with Xp Pro Sp2 and the other with Win2k)

When i did mine all i had to do was flash the bios and boot off my Slayers disk and bingo was done.

I have read several others people having problem with this xbit V1.5 made now by DMS

I just wish they sent the V1.0 i would already be done

ok here is the problem now. I do have everything up and going now but when i go to install the game it does not want to install

I used slayers 2.6 with the 4983.06 bios has this happened to any one else and how can i fix this??

How will it not install? What are you using to copy the game? dvd2xbox?

ok here is what i do i go into System managment and then i go into “Manage HDD Games with PxHDDLoader” and from there it says to hit B to install and then a for yes to confirm…

That is the way i do it on the other xbox and i have had it done for a while and never had a problem with it before the only differences between the two xbox’s is the chip the first one has V 1.0 xbit and the second one has V1.5 xbit. I used Slayers 2.6 on both and bios 4983.06(X2) on both i have tried to contact the people that sold me the chip and yet no respose 2 emails and 1 week ago as of today.

Hope someone can help

thanks
rfjr23

Get dvd2xbox, it’s by far the best app for rippig games to the hd.

Already have dvd2xbox and already tried it as well. What im having to do is set the xbox’s side by side and use one xbox to install tothe other

I guess im gonna have to stick with it that way i like the v 1.0 alot better then the v 1.5 modchip…been nothing but problems but finally got it

xbox to xbox? Avalaunch can transfer files from xbox to xbox. Try that. Just run it as an app, rather than a dash.

The Xbit 1.5 needs the 1.5 software. Get it at www.dms3.com.
It should work flawlessly and faster than the 1.0 xbit.

Note that the Xbit 1.5 doesn’t come with a diode anymore, so you can use the stealth disable. Not that it really works anymore since Mickeysoft used LPC scanners to check if you got a modchip on it.

Also not that you will need a LPC adapter if your Xbox is version 1.6 (currently all new xboxes seem to be 1.6 versions).

More info at http://www.xbox-scene.com

I have even read were someone was asking wheater these chips are fake. Is this true??

Dunno, but if you obtained them from the official dealer i doubt they’re fake.

quote]
Can some one give me some help on what i need to do. Or guide me to the right direction.[/quote]

Get 1.5 xbit. Connect yellow and black cables. Make sure the writing tag is removed from the main print. Connect the usb plug to both the main print and your computer. Wait for the “DING” and start up the flash software, click the connect button, start formatting it then flashing it. Verify EVERY flash attempt.

When you got a modified bios working , you can boot from almost any CD-RW , DVD-RW or DVD+R. If that disc has a default.xbe on it, it will start.
There’s no need locking your (new) hdd if you don’t use the original MS Dashboard anymore. If you do use it, you have to lock your harddisk.

This always works fo me:

1. Startup with modified bios
  2. Boot with modified default.xbe/avalaunch/evolution-x/slayers/whatever
  3. Transfer all files from your original hdd to your pc
  4. Shut down xbox and put in new harddisk
  5. Boot with modified default.xbe/avalaunch/evolution-x/slayers/whatever
  6. Format the new disk
  7. Transfer all 'hdd files from your pc to your new hdd, transfer new apps to your new hdd as well
  8. Reboot and start up your xbox with your new dashboard
  9. Rejoice

Thanks for the help Mr. B.

I already got it but the issues now is actually putting the games on the HD with its own system. but i can just by switching my xbox to the 2 HD and swapping the ide cables, and using the other rom…i know its a hassle but im getting tired of messing with it. When i get it set up the way i want it. I wont have to mess with it again for a while anyways

I had to use a friends computer to flash the bios i was told that the V1.5 flash tool was picky on some configs. but i tried 2 computers at my house and neither worked

The biggest issues was getting it to work which i later found out by pressing on the chip. What i had to do was remove the spacer from were the cgip site and then it work right away(maybe it was just a hair to big. ididnt have to put much pressure to mak DO to make contact)

If you have 2 HD’s in your xbox , it’s best advised to get the new Xtender case. It comes with switching capabilities. (and some soldering :slight_smile: )

I had to use a friends computer to flash the bios i was told that the V1.5 flash tool was picky on some configs. but i tried 2 computers at my house and neither worked

The 1.5 flashtool doesn’t really work on Windows XP+NEC usb chipsets.

The biggest issues was getting it to work which i later found out by pressing on the chip. What i had to do was remove the spacer from were the cgip site and then it work right away(maybe it was just a hair to big. ididnt have to put much pressure to mak DO to make contact)

The new xbit has also some issues with the lubrication used in the pogo pins. Make sure to clean (and not use any form of liquid, but just a clean cloth or something) the print and every pogo pin before installing.

Dont know if youve worked it out yet, but the flash software for the xbit 1.5 hangs like hell with anything above win98 se. So thats what i use (win 98) to connect to my 1.5 using the dms connection software. Works every time. I installed win98 se on a small old hdd, then booted from it, certain updates/files for win 98 are required (just launch dms 1.5 flash software for win 98 to see). Then IF you have the chip seated correctly, you have either an ftp, hot swap or install disks to go at to install whatever.
Hope this cures it for you. :bow:

Hi Guys,

I know it is an old post but I just heard the the Xbox Elite have the same problem as the Xbox 360. I guess that the regular Xbox was the only reliable one!
I have no idea what is going on with microsoft…

If you need really good site for tech support help, I have just fixed my 3 red lights problem and now it works great.
Here is the page for Xbox Support

I hope it will help you all!