Xbox Problem! Please advise!

Ok so what i did was so stupid. i deleted my udata folder. The Linux was still working and i could have fixed it. but i did something even stupider, i tried to get it back when an option came up to remove linux and so i did thinking my xbox dash would come back. Big FAT MISTAKE. it jsut got rid of my linux and also i didnt have my MS xbox dash. i cant play games or get into evox x. The light is green for some reason though and powers up fine up to that big xbox logo where its “loading” the cd. after that its just a black screen.

Just note this was a softmod using SC.

now my question is simple, is there a way to get my dash back or am i doomed?

I read around a lot and one thing i came up with was maybe installing a chip. Would this allow me to get linux and my dash back on my xbox maybe using that slayers CD?

Thank you in advance for your help.

[quote=jasvanth;1928742]Ok so what i did was so stupid. i deleted my udata folder. The Linux was still working and i could have fixed it. but i did something even stupider, i tried to get it back when an option came up to remove linux and so i did thinking my xbox dash would come back. Big FAT MISTAKE. it jsut got rid of my linux and also i didnt have my MS xbox dash. i cant play games or get into evox x. The light is green for some reason though and powers up fine up to that big xbox logo where its “loading” the cd. after that its just a black screen.

Just note this was a softmod using SC.

now my question is simple, is there a way to get my dash back or am i doomed?

I read around a lot and one thing i came up with was maybe installing a chip. Would this allow me to get linux and my dash back on my xbox maybe using that slayers CD?

Thank you in advance for your help.[/quote] Without a way to restore you dash and udata folder you are doomed. I would sent it back to Microsoft to be fixed, they could probably do that in 10 minutes, they have the tools and the data, I am afraid I don’t but maybe with luck someone here will have a way for you. Sorry about your troubles.:doh:

@ original poster… actually theres a chance you can fix that xbox console :wink:

get a program called XBoxHDM and Kingroach’s softmod thing that works with it and get a copy of the msdash and if you can get xboxhdm to access the xbox’s hard drive odds are you can fix it :wink:

basically once u get that XBoxHDM (which runs from a bootable cd on your pc) and it loads up to the prompt u then got to connect it to the xbox’s hard drive and then run the commands and hopefully it will connect… but basically u need to have the xbox’s connected like normal (like in normal running order) but unconnect the IDE dvd-rom cable (from the xbox’s dvd-rom drive itself, everything else should be connected like normal) and power on the xbox1 console it should goto a error screen. then u unhook the hdd ide cable from the xbox itself then connect it to the pc’s ide cable etc etc etc… it’s been a while since i used that XBoxHDM program so im a little hazy on the exact process u got to use to get it to access the xbox’s hard drive so u can fix what you messed up :wink: … but basically if you can get it to access the xbox’s hard drive im fairly sure u can fix it :wink: … just make damn sure u [B]DO NOT[/B] UNLOCK the xbox’s hard drive with that XBoxHDM program otherwise im pretty sure your screwed for sure then… unless of course u got the hdd key (which u might have if you ran the “backup” option on evox and then copied the eeprom file etc to your pc for safe keeping.) … but basically you dont need to touch any thing of that sorta to fix the xbox. but i just thought i would mention that just to make sure you dont mess with areas of xboxhdm that dont need to be played with :wink:

but basically if u do it like i was saying u should have access to the xbox’s hard drive and u can then transfer files from the XBoxHDM cd (which i think is on left side of the screen) to the xbox hdd (which i think is right side of the screen (or vice versa) )

cause with this xboxhdm cd and that kingroach’s exploit installer thing u can basically delete the files on C (in the xbox hdd of course :wink: ) and do a fresh install of the msdash (u can get this from slayers auto-installer) and then fix the stuff on E manually and then you run the softmod installer command (i forgot what this is off the top of my head) and then it will install the exploit etc so u can get evox backup and running.

or u can probably just fix the xbox back to good running order and then do your method of installing the exploits with the Splinter cell and saved game thing. it’s your call.

also for that to access the xbox’s hard drive it’s important to keep the xbox all connected (like in normally running order) then power off the xbox console… unconnect ONLY the xbox’s dvd-rom drive cable then power on the xbox system (it should goto a error screen) and then u boot that xboxhdm cd on your pc and wait til it gets to the prompt and it’s just sitting there then remove the IDE cable from the back of the xbox’s hard drive and connect your pc’s IDE cable into the xbox’s hard drive then run the commands on xboxhdm and it “should” be able to access the files on your xbox’s hard drive … NOTE: u gotta do that somewhat quickly cause after xboxhdm sits at the dos type prompt for a little bit it begins to automatically run which if the xbox’s hard drive aint connected to the pc BEFORE that point odds are it wont see the hard drive and u got to restart that entire process i just explained.

on a side note: assuming u can transfer files to the xbox hard drive etc… it does take a while to transfer stuff. i would say maybe 10-15min ish if your transferring in a fresh msdash and stuff of that sorta and if you apply the exploit i believe that takes some time to since the transfer rates aint the fastest when using xboxhdm… but atleast it works :wink:

[B]WARNING: XBoxHDM requires hotswaping… which potentially could damage your console and/or pc. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK![/B] (although me personally i did this several times and generally never had a issue)

:open_mouth: thank you so much

ive tried hot swapping before and didnt have problems either :smiley:

THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN ILL TRY IT ASAP :smiley:

let me make this very simple for u…just resoftmod the xbox using ndure…its cool and easy…want more details just holla at me i shall send ya the iso of the cd incase u want to use it…