XBOX or PS2?

NOTE : Pretend they cost the same

Perhaps this thread can help you decide:
http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=48727

A previous poll:
http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=41718

you could of voted…but i tihnk we know which one you would of selected :stuck_out_tongue:

About half a year ago, I would have chosen the PS2, but for the time being, XBOX seems to be more fun.

Personally, I don’t care about games, but a standalone DivX player that is capable of running Windows 2000 in a Linux box sounds very attractive.

Maybe I’ll but one later, but not now… I even don’t have the time to watch a DVD I bought about 3 months ago… so no XBOX-ing for me :slight_smile:

I have 5 computers… Two have tv-out. Why the hell do i need a console ?

I’d like a carryable console though… a gameboy color or something like that… but i think it’s gonna be a notebook :slight_smile:

Well I have a mega fast PC with a xp2100+ GF4 TI 4600, hence I don’t need an X-Box. Don’t need to go into detail, we are united on this forum and we are not here to compete against each other. To think otherwise is pure stupidity. I have a PS2(waited for the price too drop to £169) and a Messiah v7 chip to go in, so it will play everthing, so no need for me too keep the most underused PSX1 in the entire UK(I had this grey box for about 4 years now, use too watch movies and play some games, and now it is gathering dust) I would say it has had about 30hrs of use in 4 years, and I am donating it with 2 official memory cards and 2 dualshock controllers too my uncle for nothing. I have a Dreamcast but got it from a m8 for £50 so it was a bargain, and was given about 70 decent titles for it, so that is staying :slight_smile:

So at the moment I have 3 consoles and a PC. I like the consoles for the racing games and the beatup ups they don’t port very well too the PC. For the PC I like 1st person such as Soldier of Fortune I, II, the Half Life collection, Conflict Desert Storm, UT2003 and BattleField 1942 and games like command and conquer that require some lateral thought.

Greetz too all members of the forum The Diplomat:D

Originally posted by intercept
[B]Well I have a mega fast PC with a xp2100+ GF4 TI 4600, hence I don’t need an X-Box. Don’t need to go into detail, we are united on this forum and we are not here to compete against each other. To think otherwise is pure stupidity. I have a PS2(waited for the price too drop to £169) and a Messiah v7 chip to go in, so it will play everthing, so no need for me too keep the most underused PSX1 in the entire UK(I had this grey box for about 4 years now, use too watch movies and play some games, and now it is gathering dust) I would say it has had about 30hrs of use in 4 years, and I am donating it with 2 official memory cards and 2 dualshock controllers too my uncle for nothing. I have a Dreamcast but got it from a m8 for £50 so it was a bargain, and was given about 70 decent titles for it, so that is staying :slight_smile:

So at the moment I have 3 consoles and a PC. I like the consoles for the racing games and the beatup ups they don’t port very well too the PC. For the PC I like 1st person such as Soldier of Fortune I, II, the Half Life collection, Conflict Desert Storm, UT2003 and BattleField 1942 and games like command and conquer that require some lateral thought.

Greetz too all members of the forum The Diplomat:D [/B]

hmmm…the poll was about “PS2 Vs XBOX”, where did your pc specs, fav games and Dreamcast deals come from ???

Option 5: PC! :bigsmile:

Its the console only games that dragged me back into it

i said to myself “your gonna stop after the Nintendo 64” but the dark side beakoned me to go to Sony hence now im back into console gaming again :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Crazy Bob
Option 5: PC! :bigsmile:

LOL I think yah mean close the window, with that combination of keys, used it many times too kill the popups that take over yer entire screen and you can see nowt! :bigsmile:

Greetz too the forum, The Diplomat:D

I still say that the hands down king of consoles is the
SUPER NINTENDO

super nintendo cant hold a candle to the nintendo for pure fun. of course, now with metroid prime coming for the gamecube, me and my roomie are debating buying the cube just for it. we’re funny like that. i’m going to vote PS2 here, as we have both of them, and the only enjoyment we get from xbox is halo. meanwhile…that BASTARD bought vice city and he KNOWS i have no self control…and plenty of exams next week. i spent 3 hours last night running down mopeds in my swat van. pure hilarity :smiley:

i know exactly how you feel…i got my imported copy a few days ago…i think the game is good but i am not yet sure if it better than GTA3 … maybe ill know wheni fly a chopper :slight_smile:

Originally posted by ckin2001
meanwhile…that BASTARD bought vice city and he KNOWS i have no self control…and plenty of exams next week. i spent 3 hours last night running down mopeds in my swat van. pure hilarity :smiley:

that would be the only reason why i would buy a ps2… i want vice city damnit!

hurry up R*, im waiting for the port…

I thought this was an illegal topic as consoles can be modded too run copies being blunt!

Have a good Day

Originally posted by intercept
I thought this was an illegal topic as consoles can be modded too run copies being blunt!

:confused:
Modchips are LEGAL in various countries.
Australia is one of those, Netherlands also i believe.

Besides, no one has talked about modchips or backups as yet.
You on the other hand, have had 3 posts in this thread, 1st was about Your PC and its SPECS and a Gamecube Deal u pulled off (which i have no idea why u included any of that), the second post was regarding (im guessing, as it had no relation to this topic of PS2 Vs XBOX) someones signature, something about closing windows ? :confused:
and the 3rd was claiming that this was an illegal topic ?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Xbox!!! Can’t wait to support uncle Bill :slight_smile:

XBox for me if I can have one for $150 (in reality, I cannot have one even if I pay $300 which is a lot more than what I have to spend to add parts like CPU, RAM, HDD, etc. in order to build one more PC.)

Originally posted by Kenshin
XBox for me if I can have one for $150 (in reality, I cannot have one even if I pay $300 which is a lot more than what I have to spend to add parts like CPU, RAM, HDD, etc. in order to build one more PC.)

Both the X-Box 2 and PS3 are in R&D , so I wouldn’t be in too much of a hurry. The reason I mentioned about my hi spec PC was in relation to the X-Box, which is basically an underpowered PC running an intel processor etc. All the games on the X-Box will be ported anyhow. I just bought LOTR Two Towers for my PS2 and it rocks :slight_smile:

Greets too the Forum;)

Cool how you totally snubbed Nintendo Game Cube on your poll even though in some countries the battle is much more contested between GC & PS2…

But to let most people who don’t know this console stuff: The span between releases of new consoles generally is 5 years time. So figure it out: Don’t be waiting for a PS3 and XBox 2 too long…it will be some time still…they have to recoup for R&D for the original machines still.

I suggest picking up more than 1 system if you can afford it. It looks like Metroid Prime is a winner, as well as possibly the new Zelda. Then you got GTA Vice City on PS2. I don’t get HALO too much because playing that is no comparison to UT2K3 to me… HALO sucks compared to PC FPS games…but that’s just my 2 cents.