Xbox mod newb

Hi there, I was looking on the web for info to conect my pc my xbox to copy some saves off it in order to move them to a new xbox and I came accross all this information on here (but most is greek to me) lol.

First of all this is what I have for hardware,

• 2 xboxes (unmoded)
  • Laptop running vista
  • network cable

I have looked at posts and on some of the links provided, but I am not sure I understand it all. I d/l FlashFXP as it was mentioned as beeing a good program to “talk” to the xbox.

From my understanding I should be able to connect with the network cable to the xbox and pc and using FlashFXP be able to connect and get into the folders and info on the xbox HD? (after getting the ip addy and all that is for the xbox.

If this is wrong or I need additional infor or missed something, plz plz let me know b4 I try this and damage something.

Thx,
Fryer

well that FlashFXP will only work if you have a modified dashboard (UnleashX - XBMC - Evox - Avalaunch etc) running on the xbox FIRST… which the only way to do that is to mod it.

but to transfer those modified saved game files (the exploit) to the memory card and use with a splinter cell game or mech assault etc to MOD the console you pretty much need to have a moded console in the first place. etc etc

but the only 100percent FREE way to mod a console is to just use XBoxHDM with kingroach’s etc exploit files … but this method requires hotswaping (unplugging and pluggin in IDE cables etc while the pc and xbox’s power is ON, which is potentially risky as it “could” damage your pc and or xbox… but i did it many times myself and generally never had a issue)

i would explain how to use XBoxHDM but it will take a while and if your not going to use this method theres no reason for me to explain it… plus since you got a laptop i dont think it will work anyways.

although i do think theres devices out there that will allow you to transfer saved game files to the xbox’s memory card without using a already moded xbox but i aint looked into that area of xbox moding to much.

basically if you know someone with a moded console you can use theres to transfer the saved games files (the exploits) to the memory card.

on a side note… about the only thing i still use my moded XBox1 console for nowadays is XBMC (XBox Media Center) which plays just about any video format a pc can play :wink: and it’s also nice for emulators (like NES-Genesis-SNES etc etc) to play old school games on :wink:

Thank you NBR for the reply. I have never looked into how to mob my xbox before and just thought there might be a way to get into it. On a side note I did finally barrow a mem card to find that I could not move the save to it or go into the game to save it to the mem card. Thank you thoughtfor the insite and letting me know I have to mod the box first.

Fryer

[QUOTE=Fryer1lc;1960102]Thank you NBR for the reply. I have never looked into how to mob my xbox before and just thought there might be a way to get into it. On a side note I did finally barrow a mem card to find that I could not move the save to it or go into the game to save it to the mem card. Thank you thoughtfor the insite and letting me know I have to mod the box first.

Fryer[/QUOTE]

no problem :wink: … like i said you can do it 100percent free but there is a “potential” risk of PC/XBox damage with the hotswaping etc.

good luck on whatever you want to do :wink:

p.s. like i say though it’s easily worth moding in my opinion just for XBox Media Center alone! :wink: … since it can play pretty much any video format a pc can play but you can watch em on your tv instead of pc.